Downhaul Upgrade?

Post All Rigging Topics Here
jsa

Downhaul Upgrade?

Post by jsa »

Has anyone upgraded the downhaul controls on their C22? The single line/pulley/clam cleat is really difficult to adjust in any wind. My sails are blown originals, but I just can't flatten the sail enough to get the creases out. There is a crease at every slug point on the main upwind. I was thinking of upgrading it to a 4:1 system. Thoughts/advice/suggestions?
Elfkin0Doom

Re: Downhaul Upgrade?

Post by Elfkin0Doom »

Hello and I hope you are still interested in your question. I have recently purchased a c22 with a few uniquemodifications. FIRST) I have a furler attachement and Genoa sail.. SECOND) I have a pig tail attached to the boom on the port side next to the gooseneck. I am actually trying to get a grasp on how to rig the boat and was wondering if you could give me some advice about how yours is. I purchased the boat from a third party website that didn't provide me with any details about it. I have raised the mast and am currently motoring my sailing vessel in the Michigan area and would love some advice. If you or anyone else has any information on rigging a c22 with a furler attached please let me know
Elaynag86 @gmail[/quote]