Ok so a c22 isn't the same as a sailfish! Help!!!

Post All Rigging Topics Here
Jetta918

Ok so a c22 isn't the same as a sailfish! Help!!!

Post by Jetta918 »

Ok so after kinda sailing her this weekend I have a few questions. Is the boom supposed to be above or below the mast gate? I can't seem to quite get a good sail shape bit it could be the sails are really old. Like 76 originals. I also have a question about how the traveler hooks to the main sheet blocks, but after looking through all the pictures I realize some custom work has been done and I will need to take pictures to better explain. Any help is appreciated and sorry if this seems way too newbie-esk. Like I said moving from a sail fish/sunfish class boat to a cruiser is a pretty big jump. He'll the jib is taking along time to figure out!
Reality

Re: Ok so a c22 isn't the same as a sailfish! Help!!!

Post by Reality »

I'd think the boom belongs where ever necessary after the main is hoisted to the top of the mast. Probably below the mast gate.
Jetta918

Post by Jetta918 »

That's what is weird. When the boom is below the mast gate I have a slack section between the reef point and the boom. I tried using the boom bang that came with the boat but it does not reach the ring at the lower portion of the mast when fully extended.
Reality

Post by Reality »

most C22s don't have a boom vang. IMO it's not needed on a boat this size. The boom vang may be from another boat and wasn't used. Try it without.
Jetta918

Post by Jetta918 »

Ok thanks I'll snap pictures of the traveler tomorrow. I appreciate the help reality like always you and this forum have provided once again!