keel pin

Post All Keel Topics Here
blu by you

keel pin

Post by blu by you »

done with north jersey im finally back in florida and close to my boat. wifey wont let me near the boat until i unpack everything (should take less then a week) i snuck over to see the boat and took a quick look for the keel pin couldnt find it. the cable looks to be in ood shape how do i check the keel pin....it seems t be up inside the hull
im a new chrysler c 22 owner (bought it the end of may )i will be sailing out of port ritchie fl
Alanhod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Alanhod »

You are correct sir, it's up inside the hull and hard to see.

If you on shore, get a mirror and and flashlight.

Crawl under the boat to the keel.

Put mirror at a 45 degree angle to the bottom of the hull, up against the keel and shine the light in the mirror.

This should light up the keel pocket and give you a view up inside that pocket.

The keel pin is approximately 12 to 18 inches back from the front of the keel pocket and about 8 inches from the bottom of the hull.

Inside the boat look in the forward seat and that big black rubber disk on the port side of the of the cabin floor.

Thanks
Alan
It's a good life on the
Honu, 1976 C-22
My Chrysler Sailing Photos: http://s1297.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... ry/Sailing
blu by you

Post by blu by you »

thanks allan
im a new chrysler c 22 owner (bought it the end of may )i will be sailing out of port ritchie fl
Alanhod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Alanhod »

Any time, my friend.

Thanks
Alan
It's a good life on the
Honu, 1976 C-22
My Chrysler Sailing Photos: http://s1297.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... ry/Sailing