trailering c26

Post All Trailering Topics Here
Greg48

trailering c26

Post by Greg48 »

Is there anyone out there that could count the slots in their tow rail from either the stern or bow to the center of the trailer duals (trunion). My boat is to far forward for proper weight distrubution and this would be much easier than loading and reloading till I get it right. Thanks Greg48

HAVE A SUPER GREAT DAY EVERYONE
Alanhod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Alanhod »

I've got a C-22 so my count would be useless. I expect a C-26er out there will be answering soon. I only dream of a C-26 right now but some day, some day a C-26 will be mine. :lol:

Thanks
Alan
It's a good life on the
Honu, 1976 C-22
My Chrysler Sailing Photos: http://s1297.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... ry/Sailing
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

Maybe this pic would help - for my trailer having the keel shoe just ahead of the front axle worked out. Click to enlarge and see another pic.

kalamazoogal

location on trailer

Post by kalamazoogal »

I have a custom made trailer so can't help you with an exact number but
I do have a question. What are you pulling it with ? If your vehicle is
large enough often times a bit more tongue weight is not a bad thing.
Withing reason of course.
KalamazooGal 1977 C-26
Greg48

Post by Greg48 »

Thanks for the question Avatar. I pull with an 2002 ford 3/4 ton 4x4 powerstroke diesel, lots of power and suspension. I towed it home when I bought it and the tires on the front axle ran hot compared to the tires on the rear axle on a cool evening. If I know the number of slots on the tow rail of a boat, from front or rear to directly above the center between the traileer tires it will give me a good place to start from. My trailer is also custom made, not original but that shouldn't matter. I tried to count emergency exits tow rail slots from the picture but there was a little sun glare and couldn't quite make it out. Thanks again Greg48
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

I may be going to the lake tomorrow, for sure Saturday. I'll count the rail slots from the stern for you when I do.
monty

Post by monty »

my 26 is centred on the 43rd slot. tongue weight is on the light side, but I have the 285 lb. diesel/saildrive aft of that point. Make sure your trailer is level by using the right hitch height.
Messing About
78 C26D (I added the 'D' cause it's got the Volvo diesel!) #490