1976 Chrysler 10HP - Renewal

Post All Outboard Topics Here
br-549

1976 Chrysler 10HP - Renewal

Post by br-549 »

Hello,

We bought a C22 with a 10HP long shaft on it. Unfortunately, the cover was off the engine, and exposed to 10 years worth of winters. At minimum, it needs an engine cover. I would like to get it running again. Are there parts available to conduct a light rebuild or renewal? I would like it reliable enough to trust it for Lake Michigan sailing.

I have lots of experience with many engines and cars but have never worked on an outboard before.

It has electric start, alternator and would like to depend on it for power and battery charging.

If the power head is pooped, are there cross references to another power head I could put on it? I see that Sea King and Gamefisher were branded Chrysler outboards.

Thanks for your advice.

B
We are so blessed
astrorad

Post by astrorad »

Hi B...here is the goto guy for Chrysler reapair and parts according to the Forum concensus...http://www.franzmarine.com/
By the way I am down in Kenosha and if you ever get down this way look me up.
Bill
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

astrorad wrote:Hi B...here is the goto guy for Chrysler reapair and parts according to the Forum concensus...http://www.franzmarine.com/
By the way I am down in Kenosha and if you ever get down this way look me up.
I would call Franz the Guru of Chrysler outboards, but that would be selling him short....he's a notch or two above that.
br-549

Post by br-549 »

I picked up a complete Chrysler 12.9 hp short shaft which is supposed to run for $100. If nothing else, I will transplant the power head into the 10hp long shaft. I hope to have it running this week.
We are so blessed
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

Very cool!
You should post a few pictures!
Scott