Paint Strippers

Post All Paint, Fiberglass, Or Maintenance Topics Here.
C22Bob
Site Admin
Site Admin

Paint Strippers

Post by C22Bob »

Forum looks really quiet these days so I thought I'd post about my latest restoration work on the hull. I went back and forth as we all do on what to buy for strippers. They all claim to work miracles, right? Then you read reviews, and well, keep looking. I'm restoring my boat in a rental storage space and the owner is nice enough to let me do it.
With that, I wanted to use something environmentally friendly and came across Franmar Soy-Strip. I have to report it did a very decent job. Multiple layers may take extra coats, but overall can do 2 coats at once. How well any of these works is always dependent on the undercoating(s).
It's safe to handle as well. We all know how most brands work --- burn like crap if you get a drop on you...It goes on very pasty. I chose to put mine on at night, cover with plastic (that super thin stuff --like saran wrap) to keep moist. Came back next day and scraped off. Am I still facing a lot of sanding --sadly , Yes! No miracles,..but mostly very happy and would buy again.
astrorad

Post by astrorad »

Thanx for posting your experience with that product.
Bill