c22 working jib size?

Post your sail topics here
Reality

c22 working jib size?

Post by Reality »

what would be ideal dimensions for a "working jib" for a C22 that can be handled from cockpit. Looking for the best size that would be ideal for solo sailing on Great Lakes/Green Bay. Also sources for reasonable priced good sails? thanks
astrorad

Post by astrorad »

Bill
Capt. Bondo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Capt. Bondo »

I use 90% as a working jib. The 110% and the 150% I have are defiantly for lighter air, However I did use both the 110 and 150 when we were in Door County the end of July last summer.
H:)ppy Place
78 Chrysler 22

You can go to a Zen Master or you can go Sailing, either way you end up in about the same place..... a Happy Place
Reality

Post by Reality »

thanks for info(s). I'm kinda looking for actual dimensions (X by Y by Z feet) of a 90 or smaller so I can compare to several on Ebay. I'm most not sure of the proper "height". How much "clearance" from deck to bottom of sail is best? This is for C22 I bought this fall with mast unstepped and is now stored. I have a 110 & 150 that came with the boat, but nothing smaller. We get some fairly good winds here at the top of Door Peninsula, so I'm told I'll need something smaller for windy solo sailing. Any advise welcome. thanks
Reality

Post by Reality »

I found the info I was looking for at this website -
http://sailritesails.com/ShowAd.aspx?id ... 22+STD+RIG