cast the lines off at last !

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

cast the lines off at last !

Post by EmergencyExit »

After months of elbow grease and repairs, we enjoyed a short shakedown out to Lake Ponchartrain...

A few pics are at:

www.canufly.net/~boydleake

click on "May 09, 2004".

Beau
Rich

Post by Rich »

Way to go. Nice pictures too.

I'd love to get a Chrysler 26 myself, the C22 is just a bit on the small side for my family.

So, did everything go well with your cruise? What was the wind like? Details friend, details. Some of us are sitting here miles from the water and need some way to get out on the water if only in our minds. :lol:
"Yeah, God's given us this beautiful day. Let His Spirit fill your soul like the wind in the sails!" -Walkin' on the Docks
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

No too much to tell, really. We only had enough time to motor down the bayou into the lake, catch a little wind near the inlet, and check the standing and running rigging. EE was sitting in the water unattended/unmaintained for a couple of years, so it was mostly a powered mini-shakedown. We just set that little kicker at quarter throttle and puttered along. Winds were still light at 9 in the morning, normally are SE 5-10 around here.

Tell you what, go to:
http://terraserver.homeadvisor.msn.com/
search for Bonfouca, La and you can get the aerial view of the marina and the trip to Point Du Chien and follow along !

Planning a day trip out in a few weeks, will give you the full scoop then..