economical Line

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
jim_dorton01

economical Line

Post by jim_dorton01 »

Where is the best place you have found to by line. Are there any sites that will tell me exactly what I need for my type of boat. I have lookd at the manuals on the Chrysler 22 site, but I am still unclear of the line diameters and type that I need. I want to replace all of the lines and sheets and also get new anchor and docking lines. Any help would be appreciated.
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

We found our best price at:

Bargain Watersports and Marine
386-290-8959
David Prestwood
His Ebay ID is BargainH20Sports

(we bought our first lot on Ebay, but he made us the same price for more later)
jim_dorton01

Post by jim_dorton01 »

thanks for the info.
bernina27

Post by bernina27 »

I bought some line from Bargain Watersports on ebay and it had a lot of unusable areas, the inner core had pulled out. I bought 300ft for my sailing club. I would mention that you want to be sure 100% of the line will be good so you don't get bad line like I did. Also, it's not quite the same quality as West Marine. It just looked and felt "cheaper" to me. I would be willing to mail you a sample of the Bargain Watersports line if you would like.
Susan
jim_dorton01

Post by jim_dorton01 »

Thanks for the offer. That won't be necessary. I'm not real skilled with the ebay transactions anyway. I probably won't go that route.
jim_dorton01

Post by jim_dorton01 »

Thanks for the offer. That won't be necessary. I'm not real skilled with the ebay transactions anyway. I probably won't go that route.
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

I started to add "your mileage may vary" to that mention of Bargain Watersports as I am only speaking from my experience..however I had no problem with my order, but I did check it out foot by foot and would have sure made noise and asked for a better lot if it had happened...I try to leave my Quality Assurance Manager hat at the front door of my workplace, but it rarely happens <LOL>
markbeadle

Post by markbeadle »

I have an observation on this subject.

Rigging, I notice there seems to be a variety of hardware from one c22 to another. I think with the age of these boats owners may repair, or retrofit hardware. Therefore, you may have a hard time finding a list of the specific lines for these boats.

Double-check your pulleys and other hardware before buying.

I like the larger lines because it is easier to grip but there are limits. For example, clam cleats make, sure your lines fit. If you have to pound them into the cleat then this can be a pretty annoying.