Sailor 250 o/b not starting...

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
somers12

Post by somers12 »

MarineEngine.com has been as helpful to me as this site is to Chrysler boat owners. Try them, good People.

Steve
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

Also consider Franz at www.franzmarine.com - is pretty much the guru when it comes to Chrysler outboard knowledge. Was a dealer back in the day when you could buy one new Chrysler boat and outboard, even owned a C22 at one time. If you contact him tell him Beau sent you.

And a good group is The Chrysler Crew on Yahoo.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/thechryslercrew/
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

I have to use a combo wrench to reach the bottom plug on my 280, socket won't fit in there. I just leave it on the boat now, after forgetting it several times.

Hey, swing down to the Varsity, pick me up a chili cheese and an F.O., wouldja ?
Gus

Post by Gus »

Maybe the carburetor got gummed up with the 2 year old gas?
1976 Chrysler 22 Halve Maen - Sail # 595
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

Another good tip on these old Chryslers is use something like the StarTron fuel additive if you use any ethanol content fuels. I found from experience that they can be harmful to the fuel pump diaphragm making the rubber brittle. And it keeps moisture in the fuel down as well.

I've disassembled every thing except the powerhead on my Sailor 280, and may have a few hints that will save you headaches if you have to do any maintenance like fuel pump, impeller, gear oil change.

(I learned the hard way that the 280 has a screw on the gearbox marked "Vent" that you should never touch. It's not a vent/oil plug. It's the pin that holds the shifter pivot arm in place.....)