Pop-up enclosure help

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
Capt. Bondo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Pop-up enclosure help

Post by Capt. Bondo »

Wondering if anyone has a pattern/plans for an enclosure for the pop-top on a Chrysler 22. Photos anything that would help be make one would help. Thanks
Alanhod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Alanhod »

I have the pop-top too. I have some OEM, canvas material, snap on panels that Captain Scott thinks are the curtains that snap onto the frames of the popup top. They don't look like they have ever been used. I have not tried them in that location yet. They are the right height and look to be about the right length to be the enclosure panels.

I found an old Chrysler add that talked about canvas covers that attach and wrap around the stern pulpit for foul weather. These are the right size for that application too. I am out of town so will not be able to verify ether of these for a while. I will post photos once I have a answer to the mystery.

Perhaps someone can give a more precise answer.

Thanks
Alan
It's a good life on the
Honu, 1976 C-22
My Chrysler Sailing Photos: http://s1297.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... ry/Sailing
Capt. Bondo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Capt. Bondo »

Thanks Alen
Sounds like you have all the extras.
Pictures would be great. I was thinking that the inclosure just draped over the pop-top and snaped to the dog house. The frames make sence then you can use the sliding hatch.
Thanks
Bob
Alanhod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Alanhod »

Okay I have figured out the mystery of the strange OEM canvas curtains.

The OEM curtains attach perfectly to the cockpit side railings. I 'm not sure what they are called... storm curtains maybe. I have taken photos and asked Captain Scott to post them for me so everyone can see them installed. I have emailed him the photos. :D

So these are not for the pop-top after all. They are foul weather gear. :idea:

http://entertainment.webshots.com/photo ... 7341aqRRyN

Thanks
Alan
Last edited by Alanhod on Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
It's a good life on the
Honu, 1976 C-22
My Chrysler Sailing Photos: http://s1297.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... ry/Sailing
Gus

Post by Gus »

I think they are called lee-cloths. I'd love to see photos and/or a diagram to make my own :) (did I mention I have a sewing machine?)
1976 Chrysler 22 Halve Maen - Sail # 595
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

Guess I should have posted these here! LOL!
Scott

Click for Alans photos
Capt. Bondo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Capt. Bondo »

I thought lee-cloths prevent the sleeper from falling out of their bunks due to the motion of the vessel.
H:)ppy Place
78 Chrysler 22

You can go to a Zen Master or you can go Sailing, either way you end up in about the same place..... a Happy Place
Windward

Lee and Weather

Post by Windward »

Yup. Lee cloths keep you from falling out of the lee side of the berth. A weather cloth usually goes between the toe rail and life lines... not sure if it's to keep the weather out, or in recognition that most of the spray douses you from the weather side.

Unless I'm wrong, and then they refer to something else, for different reasons. :wink: