Bimini for Chrysler 22

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
Rich

Bimini for Chrysler 22

Post by Rich »

Hi, I want to get a bimini for my Chrylser 22. I was wondering if anyone out there who already has a bimini for their C22 could show me some pictures of how it looks, where it's installed, and tell me what size they got? I want to know what to expect before I actually buy one, and put it on. Thanks.
"Yeah, God's given us this beautiful day. Let His Spirit fill your soul like the wind in the sails!" -Walkin' on the Docks
CapnDan

Post by CapnDan »

I'm trying to do the same. I think that I'll probably select a standard model from West Marine and mount it on a long slide on the top of the cockpit coaming. Then I can slide it forward away from main sheet yet back out of the way when coving out. I'll update you when I have time to raise my mast this spring with measurements. The thing I'm trying to figure is whether to go as wide as possible for best coverage or whether that will creat a problem because the top would be wider than the base.
CapnDan, C22
SuiteSpot
Stockton Lake, Mo
Wag4513

Measurements for Bimini

Post by Wag4513 »

I need to know how wide the bimini frame should be. The width of the cockpit. I bought a bimin on ebay and want to make sure it will fit. My boat is a C22 and is off getting the hull repaired and painted so I don't have access to it right now.

Thanks
Jim Laurence
Chrysler C22
Dallas, Texas
CapnDan

Cockpit Dimensions C22

Post by CapnDan »

Hey Wag:
e-mail me your landline and I'll go out to SuiteSpot and measure up. I don't know what bimini should be but at least my Suite-e is in the back yard. I think that I want to mount a track behind my coaming block and still fit the closed frame into or just outside of my stern pulpit. That's 60" for both coaming and pulpit. I think that maybe 60" base and 72" top might let the folded bimini fit outside the stern pulpit (with lifeline opened up) and rest on the backstay.
CapnDan, C22
SuiteSpot
Stockton Lake, Mo
rloglesby

bimini

Post by rloglesby »

Here is a pic of our boat w/ a dodger. The prev owner built it himself. We just flop the sides up on top and tie them off and then we basically have a bimini. when there is rain, or cold we close the dodger in and it works great. tried to find a stern shot but was unable.

Rudy & Jeanne
Juniper Tree
C22 1975

Can't seem to find a way to attach a jpg
[/img]
Michael O'Brien

Bimini for Chrysler 22

Post by Michael O'Brien »

There was a picture of a really nice bimini setup I noticed 7/25/02 @ the Chrysler Sailing Assoc. website - www.geocities.com/The Tropics/Cabana/3135. I don't know if it is still up, but if not, if you'll give me address I'll scan in a picture I printed.
It appears to have three hoops folding on single support bars just forward of the winches, held up with fore and aft straps, with boom clearance. It looks like it folds aft inside the stern rail - wish I had one. Michael O'Brien
Rich

Post by Rich »

I think I found that picture you were speaking of. It's from so far off though, that I really can't make out how and where it's mounted, plus it would be nice to see how it looks up, how much area it covers ect. Also, do you you have to take the bimini down to sail?

Are there bimini's with adjustable height? So that when your not sailing you could have more head clearance, and when you are sailing, you could lower the bimini down, but keep it up so you could sail under cover. It rains a lot here. :lol:
"Yeah, God's given us this beautiful day. Let His Spirit fill your soul like the wind in the sails!" -Walkin' on the Docks
Michael O'Brien

Bimini/cockpit cover

Post by Michael O'Brien »

I saw another post about Campbell Manufac. Co. in Dallas on cockpit covers. They are still in business, so I called them, but they are not open today. I plan to go by and see what patterns they have, which might include biminis.
Also, I called another canvas shop, and the owner happened to have a C-22 there, which he offered to use for measurements if I brought the photo of the cover. It is a nicely redone boat, which I had seen at the lake, after he described it.
He has biminis with 7/8inch alum. tubing for $650, or stainless tubing for $950; 1 inch would be more, but he doesn't think it is needed. I'm going to get more info from him on the mounting. Pleasant sailing - Michael
Birch

Michael, does Campbell Mfg. still do canvas work?

Post by Birch »

I posted the images of the cover you mentioned, I did a web search for them and turned up nothing. Would you mind posting or emailing me their number? Thanks!

Birch
aircooledaircooled

Post by aircooledaircooled »

I have a very nice bimini made from Sunbrella. I have not posted photos, but if you want one, email me and I'll send you a photo of it and how it's mounted.