Lone Star 16

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
SixFeetUnder

Lone Star 16

Post by SixFeetUnder »

I just bought a Chrysler Lone Star 16 last week; first sailboat. I have so many questions. Is there others with the same boat that can answer? Let's get the dialogue going!
Fair Winds!!!!
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

You made the first step! Nice job!

You should get responses soon!

Welcome to the forum!

Scott
mikepaddle

I've Got One!!!

Post by mikepaddle »

I have a 1960 model, sail number 249. in Dallas. Believe it or not, she was purchased from the second owner who had owned her for 34 years. So far the most complicated part of the restoration was replacing the full plywood floor. I have also fabricated and replaced the bilge board gaskets, o-rings, and pressure plates. A hinge was also added to the mast so that I can step it by myself.

I am always more than willing to discuss and share my newly learned restoration and repair experiences with other '16 owners. Let me know more about your boat!

Mike
SixFeetUnder

Post by SixFeetUnder »

Hey Mike,

Thanks for answering. Sounds like you have done quite a bit a work on her. I would love to see some photos with the progress of her restoration. Unfortunately, I don't have a clue what my boat year is, as the tag from Chrysler is faded beyond belief. I will post some photo of my boat and we can compare. I just pick her up 2 weeks ago. Sails were sent out to Sail Care for cleaning, reresining and repair, but, alas, they said she needs a new main sail. My $300 sailboat is turning the corner of $1000! Probably just the start!. My boat has a plywood floor that I don't know if was factory installed or from PO. I have seen a photo of someone who had a floor made of teak that looked interesting. Again, I will post photos. Maybe your floor looks like mine. I have a million questions, but will reserve them for later.
Hope to hear from you soon!
Tom
mikepaddle

????????

Post by mikepaddle »

Did my PM and photos make the trip?
Windwalker

Memories

Post by Windwalker »

My first sailboat was a Lone Star 16, I didn't know what it was it then, all I new was how well she sailed. She sold me on Chrysler boats and I now own a 26'.
The remarkable thing about this boat was how save it is. I tried to turn her over in 35-40 knots of wind and was not able to, between the wide beam, shallow V bottom and the weight of the hull she never even threatened to turn. So I spent a stormy afternoon on Lake Washington sailing around. You cannot believe the thrill when you are running in this boat in 35 knots of wind, and have 5 knots apparent from the stern. :shock:
Capt. Bondo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Capt. Bondo »

OH the fun of white knuckle sailing...hiking out...spray in your face...being one with the wind and waves....AAARRRR!
H:)ppy Place
78 Chrysler 22

You can go to a Zen Master or you can go Sailing, either way you end up in about the same place..... a Happy Place
Alanhod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Alanhod »

It's a good life on the
Honu, 1976 C-22
My Chrysler Sailing Photos: http://s1297.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... ry/Sailing