need help with cradle

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
squint

need help with cradle

Post by squint »

Hey folks

Because of procrastination/chaos and lack of organisation, my boat was in the water before I had a chance to make templates for a cradle.

Is there anyone out there that would be able to meausre up their cradle, take some pictures and either send them to me or post them here? I'd gladly pay for the service!
squint

Post by squint »

anyone??

Need to pull boat out of the water in a month...
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

Here's what I am doing for EE (a C26), maybe it will help you..I scoured around the web from photos of C26's, front views, side shots, stern pics, pics on the hard, etc.

Knowing that I have a beam of about 8', a used a head on bow shot, drew a grid on the pic, and guess-timated measurements based on that as a scale point of reference to make a cradle template for just in front on the keel trunk.

Did same for a stern pic.
squint

yikes

Post by squint »

sounds a bit involved for the amount of time I have.

My worst case scenario is to get into the water, using the waterline as a guideline and using strips of plywood to make a template. I'd really rather do the whole thing on dry land if i could get pics from someone.

Another question: with a swing keel boat, should the keel be taking the weight of the boat, with the cradle essentially "balancing" the boat,
or does the cradle hold the weight of the hull, with the swing keel resting on the bottowm of the cradle?
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

Have a look here...may give you an idea...

http://www.navstore.com/jowi.asp
squint

try again...

Post by squint »

OK... my boat's still in the water and I'm going to be building my cradle next week. So far it looks like I'm going to have to guestimate the shape of the cradle...

Is there ANYONE out there with pictures of their cradle? I'm kinda in a jam here and could really use a hand. Someone sent me pictures of their c22 in a trailer, but it didn't help much. What I'd really like is a few pictures of the cradle itself, with a couple of measurements. I'll gladly pay someone the equivalent to a case of beer/bottle of wine.
Glenn S

cradle for boat

Post by Glenn S »

I have a complete profile of the boat on AutoCad 2000 I can send or copy & paste on paint. I did build a trailer with this profile from the boat when it was on stands. It fit so well on the trailer that we only made one adjustment to place the boat. The crane operator said it was the fastest time he had ever put a boat on a un set trailer.
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

I'd sure like a set if you can copy and paste then into paint or such..I'm probably going to have to have a crane place EE on a large flatbed to move to my house for a winter restoration, and these might help me design the cradle for the flatbed..

BL