Construction detail help needed

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
jstplan

Construction detail help needed

Post by jstplan »

We all know that the chrysler 22/26 are bilgeless boats. What is between the hull (inner) and the liner (floor)? Is the liner bonded to the hull? Is there coring to worry about getting soft? Thanks for enlightening me.
dybis

Post by dybis »

I have replaced the through-hull rudder fittings. And at that point it seems that the hull and the floor is bonded. I guess the flot is bonded, but not the rest of the liner. Wood is used several places, I guess that is the most critical issue. Like in the keel case. But if there is no damages, it should keep dry....

Haakon
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

Will have to speak from limited knowledge, crawling around re-wiring and replumbing the head on my C26, and what i've read..the vberth and rear berth areas are plywood floors..the salon berths and the area at the head going into the vberth seem to be precast fiberglass units set in the hull and epoxied in place...the sole in the salon area of mine is plywood. My understanding is that under that is either concrete and lead pellets or brown foam and lead bars...excellent article in a recent Good Old Boat detailing someone who re-furbished this area..

I guess maybe the layup of the boats might go:

1. cast the lower hull
2. fill the keel area with the lead and filler and cover with plywood sole
3. Drop in the pre cast elements like the salon berths and head.
4. Put in the decking that makes up the stern and vberths floor.
5. Add the top half of the hull( deck, etc.) fastening at the toe rail
6. Add the cabinets, etc..