The open ocean?

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
choyado

The open ocean?

Post by choyado »

I've had my boat for about a year and I'm working on getting her ready to sail. Do any of you know a good way of removing rust from the cast iron keel and then protecting it from further rust? Do any of you keep yours in salt water? Do any of you sail on the open ocean? I'm planning on using mine to go to catalina island and mabe even to go to some of the other channel islands. I'v heard these are very stable boats and I would assume that the fixed keel version would be even more stable. I made the rudder for my boat so if anyone needs a rudder I can help. :lol:
Last edited by choyado on Sun May 04, 2003 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
selah

Picture

Post by selah »

I love seeing pictures posted, makes the site more lively, plus it's just neat to see other peoples boats. Only one thing, is there a way you could resize that picture so it's not so huge?
mblock3

Post by mblock3 »

If I inserted the picture correctly this is my 76 C-22. Not the best quality.

mblock3

Post by mblock3 »

That's not best quality pic!! not my boat of course. I just finished a roll of film off this weekend while out on the boat, so I should have some nice chrysler pics for you all. This spring I repainted the bottom-side by lifting the boat off the trailer. Took some nice photos of the process so anyone interested could check out my driveway method. Some of the nice people on trailorsailer.com told me out this board, and I think its GREAT!

Matthew. :lol: