Dodger for C22

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
dybis

Dodger for C22

Post by dybis »

I have found one picture of a dodger for C22: http://chryslersailing.lizards.net/imag ... _bean2.jpg

That dodger looks great! I want to build one :D . I found a kit on sailrite.com. But since I am living in Europe I will buy tubes (1" SS) here, and bend them myself, and only buy the kit for the fabric. Anyone has any experience with dodger and Chrysler? :?: It might get hard to enter the cabin...

Happy Sailing,

Haakon
jstplan

Distant Dodger

Post by jstplan »

Greetings Haakon
Please share with us the history of your 22, how did it get to Europe?
Miike
dybis

Post by dybis »

Hi Mike,

I do not know all the history, but what I know... There was a guy in Norway that had the boat first. He run a company called American Action Sport or something. Maybe he sailed her over the Atlantic? But the boat was in terrible condition. The keel was missing. A student bought the boat cheaply, and drove her up to the town where I live. He drove her about 300 miles, taking about 20 hours, with a very small car (this is not legal around here).. He made a new keel, and got addicated to sailing. The next year he bought a bigger boat, and went for sail-around-the-world (he got broke after one year and returened). I bought the Chrysler from him. The boat was still in bad condition, but nothing too seriously, but now the worst things are fixed (new gelcoat, rebuilding rudder, enginee mount, fixing enginee, fixing rig, new windows, etc..), and I will install autopilot and depth sounder, and hopefully dodger. (It is cold around here...). I am planning 9 weeks in the boat with my family this summer. I hope for nice weather..
jstplan

Post by jstplan »

Wow, nine weeks in a 22 with your family too. You are a brave man!