compare crysler26 to mcgregor26

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
mainsheetmike

compare crysler26 to mcgregor26

Post by mainsheetmike »

Hi, I'm Considering buying a chrysler 26 . could someone tell how sea worthy they are compared to say a mcgregor 26swing keel? The standing headroom sounds great. Ive noticed that some crysler boats seem to be getting soft decks, are there any weak spots with the boats in general? Please give a comparison and the strong points of the crysler27. thanks, mainsheetmike@yahoo.com
    Last edited by mainsheetmike on Mon Mar 28, 2005 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Rich

Post by Rich »

Do you mean a Mac 26 swing keel, or a Mac 26X the power sailor? So far as the Mac 26X unless you would really rather have a powerboat that can sail, I'd go with the Chrysler 26. The Chrysler boats are forgiving, stable boats. I have a Chrysler 22 and it sails GREAT. The Chrysler 26 has more ballast which means more stability. Compared to the Mac 26 swing keel I think the Chrysler is a better looking boat, better built and more comfortable.

All boats can have problems with soft decks, delaminating, ect. It's just something you need to look out for, and decide if it's worth it to you to either put up with it or fix it.
    "Yeah, God's given us this beautiful day. Let His Spirit fill your soul like the wind in the sails!" -Walkin' on the Docks
    mainsheetmike

compair mac 26 to chrysler 26

Post by mainsheetmike »

Thanks for your input. I was meaning a retractable keel macgregor and a swing keel chrysler. I think the crysler would be better for overnights and paooibly more seaworthy. Is the quality of the chyrsler better also? Which one is faster?
    HJakl

Post by HJakl »

MG 26 is a joke, real boat is chrysler
    NYCKELPIGAN

faster?

Post by NYCKELPIGAN »