New LS-13 owner

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
fuseitinthesun

New LS-13 owner

Post by fuseitinthesun »

Hi Everybody,

I'm the new owner of a fixer-upper LS-13, and new on the forum here. This is my first sailboat, ever! So I'm pretty excited. I'm having the bilgeboard crank handles re-machined right now, and I still have a lot of stuff to go over.. So I might be asking some questions here and there. Hopefully the boat will prove to be seaworthy soon, the price was right (free) so I don't mind putting a little money into it.

Anyway, one thing I do know for sure is that I need a new mainsail.. this one's pretty shredded. Any advice on where I could find a used, cheap mainsail for this boat? Not looking for crisp, new, racing performance. Just something to putter around with. Thanks in advance...

-John
FranS

Post by FranS »

Welcome!
Jmckamey

Post by Jmckamey »

Hello, I would suggust you measure your sail and look for a close match on ebay. I see sails there for good prices very often. I bought a brand new jib sail for a small boat for $35.00. It was a great sail. Might have to be a little patient. Best of luck on your new boat. Jeff
fuseitinthesun

Post by fuseitinthesun »

Ok, yeah, that's where I have looked so far.. Everything listed at the moment is much too large. I measured the old mainsail while it was lying the ground (not stretched tight) and it is ~6' foot, 13' luff, 14.5' leech. These dimensions might be a little small, because like I said, it wasn't stretched tight.

-John
Jmckamey wrote:Hello, I would suggust you measure your sail and look for a close match on ebay. I see sails there for good prices very often. I bought a brand new jib sail for a small boat for $35.00. It was a great sail. Might have to be a little patient. Best of luck on your new boat. Jeff
Capt. Bondo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Capt. Bondo »

Try a online search "used sails" that will give you some recources also. 8)
H:)ppy Place
78 Chrysler 22

You can go to a Zen Master or you can go Sailing, either way you end up in about the same place..... a Happy Place