Traveler

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
Zilbub

Traveler

Post by Zilbub »

I just thought of something else. What does the "traveler" do for me on my C-22 that just letting the sheet out won't do?
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

quoting from:

http://www.nadn.navy.mil/SailingTeam/offshore/203.htm

d. TRAVELER ADJUSTMENT - The traveler works together with the main sheet to control the twist in the top portion of the main. Pull the travler car to windward until the boom is on centerline (in under 7 knots pull the car all the way to weather). Keep the boom on centerline up to 10 knots. As the wind increases above 10 knots, gradually drop the traveler to keep the helm and heeling under control.
Patrick

Post by Patrick »

Hi ,
Do you have a picture off how you control the traveler ? mine seem to have no cable at all .Thank you !
slidejob

Post by slidejob »

Positioning the car is pretty simple on the C-22. I have four 1/4 diameter inch pins in the holes in the traveler, and I move the car into position by hand and pin it on both sides. I have no difficulty doing this as long as I move the boom with one hand and the car with the other. I anticipate the final location for the car and I place the lead pin in advance of making the move, then I slip the trailing pin in place. It all can be done pretty quickly.

Mike