length of mast

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
squint

length of mast

Post by squint »

My C22 swingkeel has a "bastard" rig that includes a 32' (!!!) tapered racing mast. It's quick, but it sure is a handful! I'm keeping my boat ashore this year, and intend to do some serious re-rigging, so I need to know how much I need to remove. I think I probably have about 5' too much, from an esthetic standpoint alone. I also intend to buy some new sails.

I have been unable to find the standard mast height for these boats... anyone have one in their yard or driveway that they can measure?
Wag4513

Mast Length

Post by Wag4513 »

One publication says 26'6"
Jim Laurence
Chrysler C22
Dallas, Texas
squint

Post by squint »

Yoiks... Then I can probably trim a few feet off!

Thanks for the reply!
cjreardon

length of mast

Post by cjreardon »

I just measured my C-22 mast to try to fit a cover to it and the boat. It measured exactly 27 feet 0 inces from the shoe at the bottom of the mast to the top of my anchor light. I think 26' 6" would be accurate without the light.
Carl
squint

Post by squint »

Thanks for the help... will be hacking and hewing on Ms Fortune this summer.
Bhacurly
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Bhacurly »

Mr Squint,,,
I can measure my c-22 mast tommorow if ya still need it,,,

I just talked yesterday with an old aquiantenece who has a business making sails, and is currently making one/some for a C-26. He lives just down the road from me so I'm planning a visit. Apparently he has a good rep, is now doing it full time and is busy. I'll try an track down an article he was featured in,, in the meantime here is his website:

http://yagersails.com/index.htm

Good luck,
Billy
squint

Post by squint »

No sweat Billy, I found the specs online as well... 26,6 is the number, it seems. You just keep yourself busy on that C22, and keep your site updated! :wink:

As for sails, I'm watching fleabay, in hopes of getting some Katrina sails. I know, I know.. I'm a vulture. Strange though, there hasn't been a flood of stuff yet from those salvaged boats. Maybe the insurance & salvage folks take a long time to process?
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

Most of the Katrina boats on Ebay are being auctioned as they were salvaged, including sails, and whatever else...so far nearly all I've seen are located in Gulfport, and most have been by Ebay Seller "USAuctions"

BL
Emergency Exit.

http://www.home.bellsouth.net/personalp ... P-sailtalk