Cabin Heater

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
dybis

Cabin Heater

Post by dybis »

Hi sailors,

I have a Chrysler 22, and I plan to install some heating as I will bring my little daughter (4 months) this summer and we are sailing far north (Norway).

Have any of you installed a forced air cabin heater inside your Chryslers? The problem is finding a good location and where the exhaust should exit. I am considering a Wallas 1300 (www.wallas.com).

I am building a large companionway dodger (sprayhood) which will be blocking many potential exhaust positions.

Best Regards,

Haakon
Rich

Post by Rich »

I use a propane heater buddy. I uses the 16oz propane cylanders (or can be hooked up to a larger tank) It is safe for use indoors, has an automatic shut off should it tip as well as an oxygen sensor.
"Yeah, God's given us this beautiful day. Let His Spirit fill your soul like the wind in the sails!" -Walkin' on the Docks
dybis

Post by dybis »

I have now installed the cabin heater (wallas1300). I let the exhuast out in the cockpit (!), because the vent is there protected from wind and sea, and the wall is vertical. The smoke does not smell and is cooled well before the exit so it works fine. The cabin heater is mounted just below the hatch on port side, aft of the table. Cons: No exhaust inside the cabin, easy to turn on and off, requires only 0.4 amp, 1200 watt heating, safe. Pros: Expensive, requires 0.4 amps, small noise