Help! My centerboard is stuck up!

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
hotdot

Help! My centerboard is stuck up!

Post by hotdot »

I've got trouble, my '77 c-26 has it's centerboard stuck inside the well. I can't see anything from below that might be holding it and I've slid a thin aluminum ruler (24") up along both sides the board and havent found any obivous hang ups. Also the centerboard winch is loose with slack in the cable, so thats not the problem. Any help would be appreciated, because I hate to sail sideways!

Thanks, Jim

Hotdot
NYCKELPIGAN

stuck centerboard?

Post by NYCKELPIGAN »

A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO, I LOWERED MY CENTERBOARD TO CHECK THE PIVOT PIN FOR WEAR, AND A SLAPING SOUND FROM THE KEEL. ONCE I REMOVED THE PIVOT HOUSING SECTIONS, THE CABLE ALLOWED THE CENTERBOARD TO LOWER STRIGHT DOWN. SEEMS THE CABLE IS SUPPORTING ALL THE WEIGHT.

FOR IT TO BE STUCK, I WOULD THINK THE CABLE CONNECTION TO THE KEEL IS WEDGED IN THE CABLE HOLE. TRY MOTORING YOUR BOAT INTO A(THREE FOOT) CHOPPY SEA,WITH SLACK IN THE CABLE, IT SHOULD COME LOOSE.
borry

cushions

Post by borry »

hello every body i am geting ready to launch my vessel a c-22
but i tock the cushions out for cleaning now i got two cushion that i cant identyfi where they go the are the only two with a hard backing maybe for the galley???
ED
SV DELIZIA 8)