Single-handed sailing

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
aircooledaircooled

Single-handed sailing

Post by aircooledaircooled »

I'm trying to find information on setting up my rigging for single-handed sailing. Do any of you have downhauls and jib sheets rigged to the cockpit on a C-22 or other Chrysler? I'd love to see photos.
markbeadle

Post by markbeadle »

I sail a lot by myself and found the addition of a roller furling to make life a lot easier. Going up front and change sails when the wind picks is something that I do not miss.
donbohio

Re: Single-handed sailing

Post by donbohio »

I was unable to take pictures this weekend, but I wanted to get a few items on the board.

- Look at: http://www.geocities.com/colosseum/benc ... igging.htm
- A topping lift is critical to the transition from motor to sail and back
- The location to attach the boom to the backstay must be clear and easy to attach to and clip well lubricated
- The motor mount must be well set up and lubricated. Plus, keep the motor as light and reliable as practical.
- An expandable boat hook is a critcal third hand in coming to the dock and other locations.

Regards,

Don
donbohio

Single Handing

Post by donbohio »

Here are pictures for single handing.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=28o ... &y=-4smiu4

Regards,

Don
donbohio

Single Handing

Post by donbohio »

Another few points:

Add something (Rigging tape or tied bungey cord) to prevent the jib hanks from falling into the forestay adjustment hardware and hanging up. This will save you one or more trips to the bow when raising the jib.

Add a rope or a combination of rope and bungey around the forward hatch to keep the jib sheets from hanging up on it.

Watch out for crossing of halyards on the mast! It is easy to setup conflicts between them, especially at the connections between the wire and rope.

Regards,

Don
squint

Post by squint »

Hey Don,

Thanks for the graet pics... I'll be using them to set up my boat next spring!
aircooledaircooled

Post by aircooledaircooled »

Thanks for the many replies and photos. This helps me greatly. I'll be rebedding everything this spring and rigging for single-handed sailing.

Thanks again.