1977 C26

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
anotherfng

1977 C26

Post by anotherfng »

Just bought this boat and am extemely excited about it, however i also concede that i am going to need to lean on more experienced people to get this thing the way I want it. the boat is a structurally sound boat that just seems to need a good cleaning. It has the dreaded volvo penta md5b diesel in it that will probably need to be yanked and rebuilt, but after some hard work and time im sure that it will be a very nice boat. I look forward to getting feedback as the problems im sure to encounter pile up on me. thanks in advance for the help. Tom
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

Welcome aboard, ask away, and please, some pics when you can !
sauerleigh

Post by sauerleigh »

Welcome
1978 Chrysler 26 "Maudie Kay"
1984 Catalina 25 "REDUX" (rebuild)
It's better late than never
mga1951

Post by mga1951 »

If your cleaning, Soft Scrub w/ bleach is the best if your on the hard.
Welcome to the group and best of luck.
Jeffrey
Fore Sail
1976 C-22
hp18carr
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by hp18carr »

Tom

Welcome... and not to douse you with cold water, but problems will pail up. I know first hand, I'm overhauling a 1980 c26 myself. In part, I feel its part of the process of bonding with your Chrysler (not to sound sappy). One of the reasons that this Chrysler sailboat forum has so many members is due to this that... problems will pile up. Even so, in the end just as you say you will have a very nice boat and all your work will seem trivial as the wind fills your sails. Sorry... I really did try not to sound sappy. :wink:

Terrence
Wilmington N.C.
Chrysler 26 1980
Pandora (for now)
Mario G

Post by Mario G »

Hey Tom Welcome to club C-. Congrats on getting the 77-C-26 would really like to hear more about it.(also pictures) I also have a 77-C-26 fix keel that we have been sailing since early March.

I have a C-22 that sat for 15 yrs un-used and even after 3 cleanings I was still finding mud dobber nest.

Let us know if theres anything we can do to help, your going to find a lot of great people here.
tgentry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by tgentry »

Hi Tom,
I think you'll find that someone here has done just about anything that can be done to a C-26. Being 30 years old or more these are all fixer uppers, but they're also good, strong boats and "big" for trailerables.
Tom
1981 Endeavour 43 s/v Pearl Lee
Former 1976 Columbia Payne 9.6 s/v Gin Rhumby
Former 1979 Chrysler 26, s/v Copacetic
http://www.asswhaffleyachtclub.net
http://www.svpearllee.com
anotherfng

C26

Post by anotherfng »

Cool, i did minimal research on this boat before I got it, but the price was such, and the condition was such that i didnt want to let it go while I figured everything out! So far, I am excited with what i have read and heard about the boat, and after looking over the boat, I know with a little hard work this thing is gonna be great! Even my wife is excited about this boat,(big deal), and has given me the green light to get to work on it so we can get on the water. Im well on the way to having the interior pretty nice! The motor will be another story, but kinda looking forward to learning more about that anyway, and then the real fun will be peeling the bottom and refinishing it. Like i said a little hard work on land and then I get to find out the problems im gonna have on the water!!
1977 C26 - Easter Lily
kalamazoogal

so where are the pictures ?

Post by kalamazoogal »

Picures ! We need pictures !
KalamazooGal 1977 C-26
anotherfng

Pictures

Post by anotherfng »

Ill get some pics up soon! Plenty of before pics to take, and plenty of during pics as well, and with any luck maybe some after pics before my 4 year old gets married!! :lol:
1977 C26 - Easter Lily
Alanhod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Alanhod »

It's a good life on the
Honu, 1976 C-22
My Chrysler Sailing Photos: http://s1297.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... ry/Sailing