Best Place to Order 150 Genoa for C22

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
Carl_IN_TX

Best Place to Order 150 Genoa for C22

Post by Carl_IN_TX »

I need a standard hank on Genoa 150 for a Chrysler 22. I found a price of $695 at The Sail Warehouse, but Probably some guys here know of a place with better prices. Can anyone suggest a place or two to check out?

Thanks,
Carl
78 C22 "Trekker"
FranS

Post by FranS »

We got one on ebay
mikepaddle

Sail

Post by mikepaddle »

Since you are not too far away might I recommend that you get in contact with Aris Tsamis at Mariner Sails Wind and Watersports in Dallas. This independently owned store has a full service sail loft and a very stellar reputation for a quality product, fair pricing and excellent customer service in the Dallas/Ft Worth and Oklahoma areas. I own a suit of their sails for my restored Lone Star 16. In addition, Mariner is a Hobie Cat catamaran dealer (sales & parts), windsurfing shop, R/S sailboats, and carries a full assortment kayaks from about seven different manufacturers.

You can contact Aris by phone at 972/241-1498 or via the store website www.mariner-sails.com. This past February, they moved into a brand new location (11110 N. Stemmons Freeway {I-35N}) with three times the former floor space.

I hope that this recommendation will be a great help to you.

Mike
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

I ordered sails from FX Sails a year ago. I'm very happy with the sails however they did not come without issue. The estimated delivertime for my sails was not honored. Not even close. Not even a little close. Ether way, they finally made good and made me happy.

Scott
Carl_IN_TX

Thanks For The Info

Post by Carl_IN_TX »

I had one other question. Do you think adding roller furling is worth it? I am usually sailing solo. Thanks for the feedback on the sails. I will check these sources out.

Thanks,
Carl
78 C22 "Trekker"
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

I personally believe it is very well worth it.

Keep in mind though. Adding roller furling can be quite a cost.
This cost can not be expected to be recovered at the time of sell. You may get lucky or it may help sell a boat but it does not necessarily increase the cash value much.

Just a thought . . . . . .

Scott
kokezaru

Post by kokezaru »

Hey Carl,

Roller furling is the way to go for short or single handing. But keep in mind that a hanked on 150 genoa has more sail area than a "150" on a furler. That is because the foot of the sail on the hanked on jib is at deck level, but furlers typically require a yankee cut jib, with the clew well off the deck. That's one reason race boats don't use furlers. But, crusiers love them.

Pros: Easy to handle, easy to reef, never have to flake your sail at the end of the cruise, easier to see under it for traffic

Cons: Expensive, more complicated, more to go wrong, not as easy or quick to change sails, less sail area.
--Richard

'77 Chrysler C26 "Imori"
TravisJ

Post by TravisJ »

I put a roller furler on my and love it. But mine is a fixed keel and stays in a slip in a marina. It might be a differnt story if I trailer sailed.

I just took my 150 genoa in to Mariner Sails there in N. Dallas for a repair and had them put Sunbrella UV strips on the edges so I don't have to mess with a jib sock anymore. They do good work there.

1991 Capri 26 "Mari Sol"
1976 Chrysler 22 "Evening Star"

Commodore, Lynn Creek Yacht Club
Lake Joe Pool, Grand Prairie, TX
FranS

Post by FranS »

Very pretty
Lucky Jack

Post by Lucky Jack »

I like my red and black paint job just fine, but that classic blue and white is hard to beat. Nice picture.