C-20 pics and mast-raising system.....

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
Mizzousailor

C-20 pics and mast-raising system.....

Post by Mizzousailor »

Here's a link (hope it works) to some Photobucket images of my Chrysler 20, and the A-frame mast-raising system I built that made hoisting the heavy mast an effortless task instead of an ordeal. Thank you, Vic, for the concept...

I'm now able to raise the mast by myself, and can sail solo when the mood strikes. Total cost of the A-frame device: $14 for the rope from Lowes. The rest I scavenged from the garage and my boxes of boat junk I've held onto for 20-odd years.

The link:

http://s1007.photobucket.com/albums/af1 ... ler20pics/
Mario G

Post by Mario G »

Very nice, I'm sure it will make a difference in sailing time.
It is great that you could build a set-up that works for you cheaply. I went to Lowes and got everything I needed for the complete C-26 (I'm sure will also work on C-22) mast rasing setup for under $50. briddles,straps and ginpole pin.
Jmckamey

Post by Jmckamey »

Very nice! I like the way you did the head.I built a simular device for the C20 I use to own. Ran the lead thru the port wench and cleat. I could tie off the lead anytime during the raising or lowering process to defoul cables or lines. I have seen pics of boats with this arrangement set up permantly so the boats could pass under low bridges. I plan on making another for the C22. It just works too good not to. Jeff
Chrysler20%26

Post by Chrysler20%26 »

Good job, nice outboard too. I have the C-20 & C-26 An a Mac. 25. The C-20 is by fare the most fun to sail.
Arthur

Re: C-20 pics and mast-raising system.....

Post by Arthur »

If you are still on the net, would it be possible to get pics of your setup?? young man age 13 just got a C20. trying to help him get the mast down to repair. thanks, Art
brigadoon

Post by brigadoon »

Try using the search function at the top of this post to see past posts with pictures . Also check out the documents section saved by captain Scott, follow the links to his website where he has saved valuable information including the c20 manual that will give you the needed instructions for raising and lowering your mast. Good luck!
Rick
CLS72

Post by CLS72 »

+1, search for mast stepping and you will find severals posts and instructions here.....one for reference.....

http://www.chryslersailors.com/discussi ... =10&t=5169