~SWING-KEEL SOCKED-IN~

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
ONTHEMTN

~SWING-KEEL SOCKED-IN~

Post by ONTHEMTN »

~Ah man.
Paul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Paul »

Such tenacity... fortitude... unwavering, ok slightly wavering stick-to-itness. Congrats from clan McGreggor (McGreggors in spite of them all!)

III Jn 2

Paul
Alanhod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Alanhod »

Welcome aboard ship mate,

I loved the story, keep them coming. Also good job on the keel and congratulations on your success.

Thanks
Alan
It's a good life on the
Honu, 1976 C-22
My Chrysler Sailing Photos: http://s1297.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... ry/Sailing
ONTHEMTN

C26 Enjoyment

Post by ONTHEMTN »

Thanks guys.
Quite fun in San Diego to learn the ropes (sheets) of sailing. I'm just a breeze chaser at present, but my aim here is to promote new experiences for our church youth.
God has blessed me so much so that I may bless others. Be good, Be God's!

P. S. ~There is none good but God.~
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: C26 Enjoyment

Post by CaptainScott »

ONTHEMTN wrote:
<snip> my aim here is to promote new experiences for our church youth <snip>

That is awesome! I belonged to "Young Life" in high school.
Went to "Malibu" Canada which spawned my desire for salt water sailing. I remember sitting in the pool watching a lone sailboat pass through Malibu Rapids and instantly wishing that was ME. As a land locked lake sailor the thought of that kind of freedom was FANTASTIC! I sailed my first saltwater in Queens Reach there in Malibu on a daiysailor. Next year as part of Young Life I signed up for "Sailing Beyond" where w took a 42' ketch across the Straights of Geogia from Vancouver BC to The Canadian Gulf Isands. My second time on salt water and it lasted a week!!!!! I was first up the mast and first riding thwe bowsins chair hanging off the boom.

<Fast Forward> a hundred years. in 2007 I took my wife and daughter from Everett Wa to Malibu in my own sailboat Destiny. We went through Malibu Rapids, visited Malibu Camp, and even went to Chatterbox Falls fullfilling a life ling dream that was spawned at a Christian Youth Camp. I've sailed many times throught the Canadian Gulf ISlands and remember everytime the trip from Sailing Beyond.

Do not underestimate what you are offering the Youths. There will be at least one that you send on a long life passion in motion. I was that one a long time ago.

If you are really bored or even a little interested, here is a link to my trip back to Malibu. Thanks to the Christian volunteers in Malibu and then Sailing Beyond This trip was set into motion when I was in high school. It finally happened in 2007. I invite your comments.
Click the photo to be whisked away to our trip photos and notes:
Malibu Canada Princes Louisa Inlet

Scott