need trailer measurements, please

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

need trailer measurements, please

Post by EmergencyExit »

We are (once again) going to try to bring Emergency Exit up to the back yard for some much needed work, and I would really appreciate a mesurement or two from someone who has a C26 on a trailer currently..

We won't be able to use the crane at the marina to set (and adjust) the boat on the trailer due to Katrina damage, so I need to get close enough on the bunks/pads to ease the process at the ramp..

So, if someone would pass along measurements at the front and rear of the keel pocket along the lines of how tall the pads should be about 2 or 2 1/2 feet out from the side of the pocket that would really help..

(plans are to have the boat's keel pocket rest on bunks flat on the trailer with a slot left to avoid pressure on the keel pin)..

hope this made sense.....any good pics can go to svemergencyexit@yahoo.com

thanks
Beau
NYCSAILOR

Post by NYCSAILOR »

I am looking for same info but for C-26 with fixed keel.. should be no diff 'cept for the height of the bunks.
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

If I read correctly in another post you said your C26 was sitting on the original cradle. If so you could get bunk measurements from that.

If you have a crane at the marina and wherever it is going, possibly you could use a large tandem flatbed and just set the cradle and boat on that. Lash it all down and go ! Height might be an issue, tho.
Windwalker

Trailer Measurements

Post by Windwalker »

Hey EE,

I have a trailer sitting in my yard so would be glad to get you measurements/photos. Won't do much sailing this weekend as my 3rd mate (dachshund) is ill and my first mate won’t leave her. Be careful to get the wheels under the right spot of the boat. My tongue weight is several 100 lbs too much. I’ll need to fix that before the winter.

Stand by…..
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

Thanks Windwalker, but NYCsailor was continuing an old thread there.

We are plying the side yard 100 miles inland this hurricane season whilst undergoing a long overdue bit of work !

We got lucky with our weights, tongue weight worked out just right !
Windwalker

Post by Windwalker »

Great!

Fair winds!