help. main halyard now at top of mast..

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
NYCSAILOR

help. main halyard now at top of mast..

Post by NYCSAILOR »

somehow this happended thois winter..mast is still stepped and don't want to unstepp c-26 and on thte hard in the oem shipping cradle..ideas please
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

been there, done this (except i was on the water)...rent a 30+ foot extending ladder from the rental store, place the foot around the forehatch , leaning it on the mast, extend it, and it should get you close enough to use a boat hook to snag it...

I tied the jib halyard to the top rung of the ladder, and had someone pull to both hoist/extend the ladder and to be a safety line to get the top of the ladder steady..

bl
dybis

Post by dybis »

This has happened to me a couple of times. I put a hook (home made from a wire) on the other halyard, and actually it is no that difficult to fasten the hook to the other halyard as the one that is on the top exists where the other enters :) Good luck!
NYCSAILOR

thanks..

Post by NYCSAILOR »

good ideas, anyone actually go up the mast on a bosuns chair or these other devices that are ladders that go up the mast track? I wonder if the deck step mast is strong enough...I think I will try the above ideas first though..thanks