Help Needed With C-22 Keel Winch

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
gkimball

Post by gkimball »

Can anyone post a description, or direct me to, pictures or drawings of the type of hand winch used and how it is mounted for raising and lowering the swing keel on a C-22?

The previous owner removed the original winch and installed an electric winch, which really drains the battery fast!

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Gordon Kimball
C-22 Ariadne
Little Canada, MN
markbeadle

Post by markbeadle »

I have a motor with a generator on it and be would nice to see a couple of pictures on how this electric winch is hooked up. I always was thinking it would be nice to have one.
gkimball

Post by gkimball »

I will take a picture of the winch as installed and send it to you if you give me your email address. The boat is still under the winter tarp, so it might take a few days. It is a 12 volt winch, probably one meant for the front of an ATV. Its just wired directly to the electrical box.

Does your boat still have the original hand winch? If so, can you send a picture of it and showing how it is mounted?

Thanks!
devindiedrich

Post by devindiedrich »

If you follow the "Chrysler 22 Restoration Project - It Begins" link on Bhacurly website you can see a couple of pictures of the winch.

Devin