C26 (in CT) on Ebay

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
bearley
Site Admin
Site Admin

C26 (in CT) on Ebay

Post by bearley »

Just happened to see this one. Looks to be in pretty good shape. Low price right now and only two days left to bid.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Great-26 ... 4cf718192a

Bob
FranS

Post by FranS »

It's tempting.... so close.
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

Hmm, just what my daughter at UConn needs... :wink:
hp18carr
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by hp18carr »

I'll say it again... why are all the really good buys somewhere other than N.C. :evil:

Terrence
Wilmington N.C.
Chrysler 26' 1980
Pandora (for now)
LeatherneckPA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LeatherneckPA »

The last time I saw something like this I threw a wild shot at it and wound up with a C-22 for $1012. I'm pretty certain I'd be headed for divorce court if I did that again, before Believer has even splashed yet.

But it is SO-o-o-o-o tempting!!
Iron Mike - Semper Fidelis
Jack of all trades, Master of none
1978 C-22: Believer
KeithR

Post by KeithR »

LeatherneckPA wrote:The last time I saw something like this I threw a wild shot at it and wound up with a C-22 for $1012. I'm pretty certain I'd be headed for divorce court if I did that again, before Believer has even splashed yet.

Ditto.

Can one have too many sailboats? :?
lecker68

Post by lecker68 »

KeithR wrote:
LeatherneckPA wrote:The last time I saw something like this I threw a wild shot at it and wound up with a C-22 for $1012. I'm pretty certain I'd be headed for divorce court if I did that again, before Believer has even splashed yet.

Ditto.

Can one have too many sailboats? :?
if you ask us no if you ask the CFO (chief financial officer/wife they would say yes) and remember I am on the 12 step program I come within 12 steps of a boat for sale I am in trouble possible harm may come to me.
Catch the wind and ride the wave, Have fun
Lyle
1980 C-26 #1100
S/V My Getaway
http://www.flickr.com/photos/34432376@N06/
LeatherneckPA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LeatherneckPA »

My CFO just pee'd her pants laughing at the 12 step program. But she says my program is a "see-food" program. If I get close enough to see a boat for sale I'll be fish food!
Iron Mike - Semper Fidelis
Jack of all trades, Master of none
1978 C-22: Believer
Alanhod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Alanhod »

My CFO asked me yesterday, "So you just got a new job this week. Are you going to be buying a new boat?" I had a moment of excitement there. Then it hit me! MAYDAY, MAY-DAY, trick question, HARD ABOUT, FULL SPEED away! It's a 'ruse de gair' (sp) run away fast! I was on a rocky lea shore and no room to maneuver. What could I do, with a question like that?

I turn calmly to her in response and said "NO, why what ever gave you that idea. (With a look of SHOCKED, Shocked I tell you and a very astonished look on my face.) My... I mean OUR little C-22 is nearly perfect now and just the way I like it... I mean the way WE, like it. What ever would I... I mean WE, do with a new bigger Chrysler C-26 and matching trailer, an auto tiller, GPS, Solar Panels, Roller Furler and a Honda 10 HP four stroke motor." :shock:

I nearly blew it there with too many details about the bigger boat that I'm NOT getting. :oops:

Good news I did not have to sleep in the C-22 sitting in the driveway last night. That was a close one. :!:

Sounds like a good topic for the Safety Question of the Week

When you spouse asks you if your intent is or was to buy another sailboat, what is the correct response?

1. Why yes, of course, as soon as possible. (Accentuated with a cold sweat and a little drool at the corner of your mouth.)
2. What a good idea, lets go look at some right now, but lets stop at the bank first and see how much money they will give us first?
3. Off course I will, what a silly question.
4. No way, I love our boat just the way it is. (Avoid eye contact)

I will not wait till Thursday to answer the question as your sailing future is hanging in the balance here without this answer. 4. No way, I love our boat just the way it is. (Avoid eye contact) :lol:

Any other response, well, it was nice knowing you.

Man if I had a 12 step program for my boat it would be a plywood staircase with 12 stairs sitting next to my boat on its trailer so I would not have to get the ladder out to clime on board. :shock:

Thanks
Alan
It's a good life on the
Honu, 1976 C-22
My Chrysler Sailing Photos: http://s1297.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... ry/Sailing
Mario G

Post by Mario G »

<<<<<<<Failed the 12 step program
lecker68

Post by lecker68 »

I am on the 12 step program but when the CFO gets upset with the daugher and son-in law situation I caught her on Yachtworld.
Catch the wind and ride the wave, Have fun
Lyle
1980 C-26 #1100
S/V My Getaway
http://www.flickr.com/photos/34432376@N06/
TravisJ

Post by TravisJ »

Alanhod wrote:When you spouse asks you if your intent is or was to buy another sailboat, what is the correct response?

1. Why yes, of course, as soon as possible. (Accentuated with a cold sweat and a little drool at the corner of your mouth.)
2. What a good idea, lets go look at some right now, but lets stop at the bank first and see how much money they will give us first?
3. Off course I will, what a silly question.
4. No way, I love our boat just the way it is. (Avoid eye contact)
Wouldn't it be nice to have a boat with standing head room inside and an inclosed "toilet", instead of having to hunch over and use a port-a-potty?
1991 Capri 26 "Mari Sol"
1976 Chrysler 22 "Evening Star"

Commodore, Lynn Creek Yacht Club
Lake Joe Pool, Grand Prairie, TX
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

TravisJ wrote:Wouldn't it be nice to have a boat with standing head room inside and an inclosed "toilet", instead of having to hunch over and use a port-a-potty?
There is one and only one reason we came to have EE. It "has a real potty!"
Lucky Jack

Post by Lucky Jack »

Wow, went for $760. Man, I wish I still lived up north.
1980 C22 Rose Sea
hp18carr
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by hp18carr »

$760 you say...a moment of silence while a pampered older man has a good cry. :evil: :shock: :lol:

Terrence
Wilmington N.c.
Chrysler 26' 1980
Pandora (for now)
Alanhod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Alanhod »

Wow, that sounds like it was a real good deal. Hope the new owner finds this forum so we can track it''s restoration and enjoy it from afar.

Thanks
Alan
It's a good life on the
Honu, 1976 C-22
My Chrysler Sailing Photos: http://s1297.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... ry/Sailing
NYCSAILOR

Post by NYCSAILOR »

Ugh.. jsut saw this...looks like it is in Harborside in Stamford... not far from Metro North train station..from NYC... what a steal and it was floating! ususally you see a pic of a boat covered in leaves in a backyard soomewhere at this price...and it was real nice... congrats to the buyer.. well bought --or should we say really stolen!
C-26, Fixed Keel # 343
back2class

Post by back2class »

I don't know. Not a great deal in this day and age. I passed on a decent free c26 right near me. By the time I purhcased a trailer and upkeep it seemed like buying a boat with a trailer and ready to go would mean about the same investmet. Guess a fair price if the new buyer plans to keep it at the same facility.
c-22
Mario G

Post by Mario G »

WOW $760 is a great deal A C=22 is a great daily/weekend sailor because you will spend more time in the cockpit then you will in the cabin area, The C-26 is a great long weekend /coastal stay aboard sailboat, or even a liveaboard for one . The great thing about both are they can be inexpensive compared to the larger boats.
Yes some deals are much better then others depending on the amount of work you need to do to get them sea worthy, you can't complain if your spending money for cosmetics or boat bling (the port windows cost twice that for our E-32)

I'm sure the new owners going to enjoy.