Chrysler documents

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
Gus

Chrysler documents

Post by Gus »

I got an envelope in the mail today from the PO of the boat. He sent me tons of original documents

A little book named 'Let's trim those sails' from Vector.

Instrucctions for the original porta-potty

Chryslers papers (magazines and such)

The original instructions and the paper with the directions to install the privacy curtains.
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

That's a find ! Likely a good indicator that the boat was well taken care of !
Gus

Post by Gus »

yes, the boat came with plenty of documentation. Also the PO sent me all the papers and booklets of the trailer and outboard. You can say the boat was well taken care of, but I found a lot of leaks from badly mounted hardware in the deck (everything, and I'm talking from stern to bow) The good think is that I have PLENTY of 5200 to seal the boat twice if I need to (I used one tube alone in the starboard side) I think I will be done with everything by next week, ready to splash it in the sound by the 23rd :)
My scanner is busted, but I'll try to take pictures of all the papers and booklets that I have.

Gus
Bhacurly
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Bhacurly »

Hello Gus and Welcome!

Noticed you said in the sound,, where do you live?

I am in the process of redoing most my C-22. Been to busy to update my pictures lately but hope to be gettin mine wet soon also. Keep us informed and send the picts!

Billy
Gus

Post by Gus »

Hi, I live close to fort bragg NC. The coast is about 3 hours from here. My idea was to move to the coast after my time in the service, but wife didn't wanted to, so I'm stuck in land.

I'm kinda re-doing everything I dont like in the boat (and that can be a problem) Mostly TLC, I found a couple of soft spots in the deck where the lifelines bases are, looks like nobody ever removed them and reaseal everything and water got in for a very long time.

Other than that, the boat is ok. I would like to get started in the electrical, but I can get that done in less than a day, so for now I'm concentrating in finish sealing the hardware on deck and do a thing here and there in the interior. Last night I took the galley appart, and today cleaned everything, fixed the water pump, replace the screws for bolts and I didnt get to try the burners because I dont have alcohol.

My goal is to get the boat ready to hit the water in 2 weeks, if the weather cooperates, rain last night and rain today :-(

I'm due to take pictures, I've been so busy doing two or three things at the time that I keep forgeting, I'll take plenty of pictures once I'm done :)

Gus
Papa Sailor

Post by Papa Sailor »

Hi Gus:

I too recently purchased a C22. Right now I'm am trying to gather as much information about the boat as possible, especially the trailer (trying to wire up the electric brakes).

Would it be possible to get copies of the manuals and other things the PO gave you? I would certainly reinburse your costs.

Thanks,
Andy
Gus

Post by Gus »

Yes sure, as soon as I get a minute I'll try to get the old scanner to work so I can post the stuff online. If I can I'll make copies and put them in the mail for you.

Gus
slidejob

Post by slidejob »

I spent the last winter restoring a C-22. I would sure appreciate it if you could post copies of your documentation here. Most of the restoration and sailing that I have done is by instinct...I sure would like to know if I am doing it right!!

Thanks,
Mike
Jayers

Post by Jayers »

If those are Chrysler sailing magazines, check over at http://chryslersailing.lizards.net/ to see if you have one they don't have a scan of. Would be nice to have a complete online archive.

John
Proud new owner of a 1982 Mutineer (Starwind)
http://panzergames.info
John
Proud new owner of a 1982 Mutineer (Starwind)
My boardgaming forum