C-22 Halve Maen first time out

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
Gus

C-22 Halve Maen first time out

Post by Gus »

and what didn't went wrong? Water in the cabin comming from the rudder post, outboard quitting at the most needed time, grounded once, puking contest between the kids and my wife... but it was fun, the best part: raising the keel and beaching the boat for a bbq while the kids played in the water :)
Putting the boat back in the trailer was easier than I though, and getting the mast down with lines acting as babystays was a snap too, I will make the permanent wire lines to raise-lower the mast with snap hooks at the ends so I don't have to mess with lines anymore.
Looking foward to go out again :)

Gus
Gus

Couple of questions...

Post by Gus »

sliding gooseneck. My old boat had a fixed gooseneck, so I had a time to get this one right. Does the boom goes under the mast gate or above? how do you keep it from moving in the mast? How do you keep the sail slugs from comming out of the mast thru the gate? There's a couple of holes drilled in the mast slot, and I put a pin in there, but I don't think that's right?

The boat does not sit in the water straight. It lingers towards the starboard side. The galley and the battery box are in that side of the boat? Could be that the problem or the foam inside the lockers broke down and took water in?

Thanks
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

Great ! Sounds like you guys had a good time in spite of the glitches. By the way I had almost the same things happen on our first trip out except for the puking part.

Listing could be either of the items you mentioned. Move the batteries if you can and check again. I don't have flotation foam on the C26 so I dunno about that part although I've been told if you stick a screwdriver in wet foam you'll get a good squish of fluid back at you.
Gus

Post by Gus »

Thanks for the tip, I'll try that!