Hull VIN/Sail Number

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
Windwalker

Hull VIN/Sail Number

Post by Windwalker »

Does anyboby know if the hull VIN number and the sail number are related, i.e. can the sail number be found in the hull number? The hull VIN on my 26' is CBC50223M78A and the sail number 549. This seems correct by the questions asked and answered in various messages, but also seam unrelated to each other.
hurrikain

hin AND SAIL #

Post by hurrikain »

I would say no based on the info we have on the Chrysler Powerboats.
Basically the CBC stands for Chrysler Boat Corp, on the powerboats 502 is the boat model # , I'm guessing the 23 is the ser #of that series for the year, and the M78A is the manufacturing date ... But I just pulled the 78 Price list and the 78 26' is either a model # 343 in a swing Keel or a #344 in a Fixed, so the format may not be exactlly the same even though they came from the same factory in Plano, TX

Dave
www.chryslercrew.com
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

Hey Dave !

Enjoyed the Nationals pics over at your site. Must have been great to visit with some of the old Chrysler Designers ! Still planning on sending Franz my Sailor 280 outboard for a rebuild as part of our year long haulout.

I remember a discussion on hull numbers vs sail numbers somewhere on the web, but can't find it on any discussion groups.

Beau
hurrikain

HIN- sails

Post by hurrikain »

Hey Beau,

Hope the boat is coming along after last years " wonderful weather in your area " .. Hows it coming along? Next year you'll have to drag that sailboat up to Stockton lake and Join us for next years Naionals.. Stockton Lake is known as a great sailing lake and there is a lot of sailboats out there each time were there.. I've always thought of seeing if we could get some of the sailboat guys to join us

Dave
www.chryslercrew.com
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

You know, Dave, if the timing works out, that would be fun as a trip before it finds a permanent berth on the coast. Probably there are a number of C22 owners that could make that trip as well.

We were very glad to find no blisters at all on the hull. My joke was that an inch of barnacles makes a great barrier coat ! As far as we know she was in the water for 5 or more years between haulouts.

All the vberth has been stripped, new plywood everywhere, rear berth next.

Seem to have gotten the portlight leaks fixed, rebedding toerail deck joint is next exterior project, altough nothing leaks there.

bl
hurrikain

2007 Nationals

Post by hurrikain »

Yeah if anyone is interested in makeing the trip to Stockton Lake in MO next July ( usually the 2nd weekend ) let me know we won't lock in the date till January 07 But I think it would be great to have some sailboat guys there! I'd like to find a 22 or 26 someday , but currently my 4 powerboats keep me busy..

Dave
www.chryslercrew.com