Transom mounted ladders on a C-22

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
mjt

Transom mounted ladders on a C-22

Post by mjt »

Hello-

While viewing photos of C-22s on various websites, I've noticed that quite a few have ladders that mount on the transom. They either swing up when not in use or they apparently slide into a single bracket mounted onto the transom and are just stored in the cabin when not in use.

Looking at the photos, I assume that some sort of backing/reinforcement is necessary where the brackets for the ladder attach to the transom. Similar to the backing where the engine bracket attaches to the transom.

I'm also wondering if the fold down ladders or the ladders that detach work best. I kind of like the versions I see that fold up, but I can't seem to find a manufacturer.

If there are some owners out there that have ladders on their C-22s who could respond with some details about length, width, mounting location on the transom and those sorts of things it would be much appreciated. If anyone can provide the name of a manufacturer to look at - that would be great.

If I can get enough details maybe I'll have my sister the welder make one for me out of scrap stainless.

Thanks for any information -

Mike
Madison, WI