Replacement Louvered Vents?? - HELP

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
Windwalker

Replacement Louvered Vents?? - HELP

Post by Windwalker »

I hae been looking for replacement louvered vents for my Chrysler 26 for both the cockpit scuppers and the transom drains. My boat currently has one origional and three holes. I have found all sorts of stainless vents, screen and holes, but no louvered. I have found 4" louvered but not 3".

Does anyone out there have a source for replacement louvered vents? I would like to keep the look of the boat as close to origional as possible.
devindiedrich

Louvered Vent

Post by devindiedrich »

Hello,

I have a C22 but I am guessing they are the same. For the outside holes, I used a Seafit Lourvered Vent - 3" White from West Marine, about $6 a piece. The face is square with screw holes on the corners and it has a flange in the back for a hose. I took the face to a grinder and ground them round to look like the existing vents. It is easy to get them round because the face has a round feature on them you can follow. I then sanded the edges with a couple grades of sandpaper to get the edges nice and smooth. I cut the flange off the back to match the existing vent and caulked them in. They look pretty good and fit almost perfect. I have pictures if you want.

Devin
Windwalker

Seafit vents

Post by Windwalker »

Thanks Devin,

I had been considering another manufacturer of the same thing. I would like to replace them with something closer to the origional. Hoping someone would have a source for them. I found a 4" but not a 3".

Thanks for the suggestion. It's nice to know that they would work.