Actual Weight

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
slane1124

Actual Weight

Post by slane1124 »

:?: Can someone help me with some technical knowledge? I see the "displacement", but what is the actual weight of my Chrysler 22? I'm having a new trailer built, and want to make sure we beef it up enough to handle it. Thanks!
Robbie
'76 Chrysler 22
"Sea-Shell-E"
sail # 879
www.ndipolygraphservices.com
Windwalker

Displacement

Post by Windwalker »

Displacement is the weight of the water the boat displaces when it is floating. This will be the weight of the boat. So, displacement is the weight of the boat….stripped. It does not include any equipment, stores, sails, etc., all that is extra. Not sure on a Chrysler 22, but my 26 has a displacement weight of 5000 lbs. I calculated 5750 lbs loaded to sail, not counting the trailer weight. One of these days I will have to put it on some scales.
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

There is also a figure for maximum displacement - defined as the weight of the amount of water displaced by the boat at its maximum immersion level in calm water without water coming aboard.

I agree with Windwalker - surely the Chrysler folks did not use that maximum figure, so the boat likely weighs its displacement.
squint

Post by squint »

When I had my 22 hauled out last year, I think they told me it was ~3300 with the outboard, fuel tank etc. I wish I had written it down!
slane1124

Post by slane1124 »

Displacement = Actual Weight
Thanks all!!
Robbie
'76 Chrysler 22
"Sea-Shell-E"
sail # 879
www.ndipolygraphservices.com