Help! What is this?

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
ststphen

Help! What is this?

Post by ststphen »

This boat is new to me and I am trying to figure it out. Any help would be appreciated. There are two capped pipes under the forward table seat. One is High and the other low. On the other side of the lower pipe, in the hallway, there is a round rubber cap aprox. 5inches in diameter. Any ideas on what this stuff is and how it works? I tried to post a pic but haven't figured it out yet. Thanks ![/img]
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

Email me a pic and I'll post it for you if you like. Oh, and which boat is it ?

Beau
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

Sounds like you have a Chrysler 22.
The lower and forward capped pipe is the port side of the keel pin and keel pin bracket. The hallway rubber cap would be the cover for the Starboard side of the keel pin brackets and pin.

The upper capped pipe that is a little aft of the lower is where a rubber snubber goes that protects the keel from banging around in rough seas.

All this is assuming you have a C22 though! LOL!

EE is one of the guys with the BIG FANCY C26's so he has a hard time with our "little" boats parts and pieces!!! LOL!

Scott
N41EF

Post by N41EF »

"EE is one of the guys with the BIG FANCY C26's so he has a hard time with our "little" boats parts and pieces!!! LOL! "

Sounds like someone has a little size envy?

Welcome to the Chrysler world, and first time you put it int he water, check those keel pin fittings for leaks.
1979 C22 S/V Client Meeting
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

N41EF wrote: Sounds like someone has a little size envy?
Oh, absolutely!

8)

Scott
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

69Shark wrote: EE is one of the guys with the BIG FANCY C26's so he has a hard time with our "little" boats parts and pieces!!! LOL!

Scott
Uh, that would be TWO big fancy C-26's Scott.. :wink:
but willing to take a C22 in trade for a certain Cal21..
ststphen

Post by ststphen »

You are right, it is a C-22. Thanks for the input guys. While I'm asking questions, where would I find cushions for the C-22? I'm learning a whole lot from this site. Any good places to look for fiberglass info?(Winter projects)Anyone else somewhat close to the Chesapeake Bay?
Anhinga
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Anhinga »

Fiberglass places, hmmm, now I have something I can contribute! Take a look at http://www.westsystem.com. This stuff is the best I have used. The calibrated pumps they sell are the bomb. Second try looking at http://www.fibreglast.com/ (the "t" is not a typo) They ship fast and have a ton of interesting composite materials I haven't seen anywhere else. Both sites training materials are top notch.

Luck!
-Jim on Anhinga
N41EF

Post by N41EF »

Being an airplane guy I use Aircraft Spruce. They are in CA and near Atlanta, ship quick, and have an amaizing catalog. They also teach a basic and advanced composits course hands on for people who have never done glasswork.

If you need instruction on glass stuff there are composit instruction video's out there, things like measuring resin, working with glass and such, let me know if you need recommendations.

My boat has all original cushions, if you watch here you'll see people parting boats out, that might be the easiest.
1979 C22 S/V Client Meeting
ststphen

Post by ststphen »

Thanks again guys, this information is a big help.Hope to be on the water soon enough.
sauerleigh

Post by sauerleigh »

I've used a variety of products from http://www.uscomposites.com/. Their prices are reasonable and I've never had a problem with their epoxy or polyester resins.
1978 Chrysler 26 "Maudie Kay"
1984 Catalina 25 "REDUX" (rebuild)
It's better late than never
lecker68

Post by lecker68 »

Welcome aboard Ststphen I have one of those 26's and have no problem with smaller boats or bigger boats as long as they sail.
Catch the wind and ride the wave, Have fun
Lyle
1980 C-26 #1100
S/V My Getaway
http://www.flickr.com/photos/34432376@N06/
mcrandall
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by mcrandall »

Can't we all just get along? :wink: :lol:

Welcome aboard! You'll find this to be a great bunch, if you haven't already! What do you go by?

Cheers!
Mark
http://s1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc4 ... ew%20C-22/
1975 C-22 currently named Stardust (soon to be "Angela Marie")
ststphen

Post by ststphen »

My name is Dustin. Hopefully I will get some pics posted soon.
Dustin
troyengel

Post by troyengel »

Welcome. I have all the O.E. cushons. I need to have mine all redone. so if any one does find a good place. I'm planing on using mine as a pattern, so if you need to dimentions, I might be able to help with that.