C-22 rigging help

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
rjbranch

C-22 rigging help

Post by rjbranch »

Well, I just purchased a Chrysler 22 today. The boat is in pretty good shape for having been repo'd a few times. Actually in pretty good shape for not having been repo'd a few times. I am not new to sailing. I've been at it about 40 plus years but am just returning to monhulls after a stint in multi's. Reason is I need a slower boat. Yea, I know, is he sick? No, I live on a river. My Newick tri reaches 10 knots in a 5 knot breeze. The wind is always on the nose, and so is the next shore. 25 to 30 seconds and tack. Thats a half mile wide river. So back to real sailing. ... Nothing feels real on multi's anyway.

Problem is the spreaders are missing. I have reason to believe the main shrouds may not be the correct length since the boat was in the water, mast up, but without spreaders. Can someone give me the correct length spreaders and the correct length of the main shrouds. That should get me in the water.

Thanks,

bob branch
Harsens Island, MI
rjbranch

Looks like I need more....

Post by rjbranch »

After looking at some of the stuff available online and looking at the boat it appears that the spreaders are raked aft. Is that the case? If so, can someone tell me the angle and length of the spreaders? Also can anyone suggest a source for spreader bases if they are angled aft? Also, if they are raked aft, do they pivot or are they fixed. If anyone can post a pic it would be really helpful.

Thanks again, bob branch