Shopping at West Marine and SAVING MONEY!

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Shopping at West Marine and SAVING MONEY!

Post by CaptainScott »

Just a little note for you.

I was shopping for a bilge pump for Lady Jo last week. For various reasons I finally settled on this pump here: Jabsco 12v Water Puppy - 18660-0121

A quick internet search shows this pump from just over 100 bucks to over 180 bucks! Yikes that is quite a spread! Dare I purchase this pump for 102 bucks from an online site I'm not familiar with? West MArine carries it, has it in stock at my local store, however asks 179 bucks for it!!! SAME PUMP! SAME MODEL NUMBER!

Well, Alan Hodge happend to come buy over the holidays so I figure, lets go to West Marine! I printed the add off the internet. The full page including the website and date. We meandered off to West Marine where they were happy to match the internet price!! My friends, this was a $77.00 savings!

West Marine will match internet prices! ALWAYS double check the price online! It can save you some CASH!

On a side note, Alan was kind enough to buy me lunch and we had a great time hanging out! He even climbed aboard Lady Jo and checked out the mess I've made of her! LOL!

Scott
Lucky Jack

Post by Lucky Jack »

I didn't know that about West Marine, thanks! On another topic, Scott, how goes the keel bracket project? I may be in need of a set soon and last I heard you were trying to organize a way so folks could order them.
1980 C22 Rose Sea
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

Ah yes, the keel bracket project has been on hold due to lack of effort on my part.

At this point I have drawings and a sample set from Billy.
I need to get all the proper measurements together with the drawings and see if a machine shop can make them.

I will pick it up and move forward!
Scott
Holiday

Post by Holiday »

I have done the same thing at West Marine. It also can save on shipping charges.

Please let us know how the pump works out. This looks like the best type of pump for pumping the C 26 bilge dry. My factory pump is mounted way above the bottom of the bilge.
N41EF

Discounts

Post by N41EF »

I seem to be spending alot of time chasing hardware as I put things back together. If you are retired military, or a veteran, Home Depot and Lowes will give you a 10% discount just for asking. A dollar off a quart of teak oil is not a great deal, but a hundred off a refrigerator is a big deal.

I too would be interested in buy a set of keel brackets when you are ready to take orders.
1979 C22 S/V Client Meeting