just bought a new bucc!

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
lstyles

just bought a new bucc!

Post by lstyles »

Hi,
I just bought a 1974 chrysler buccaneer (sail #1035). I am still figuring out what I have and havent got. The boat is rigged for the tube style furling jib....never seen anything like it. Anyway the boat has been completely unused for 8 years and, by the looks of it, not used much before that.
Some things I could use some immediate help with are as follows:
1) the furling jib, because it was left on the boat in the sun, is disintegrating. I need to get a new one. It is the tube style furler but when I am wondering if I should change to the wire luff style or more modern roller furling or stay with what I have? Funds are a bit limited so that is a factor. I wont be racing it.
2) I have heard there is a book about rigging the bucc that is very helpful. Where can I get this?
3) What size motor do people put on this boat?
4) The boat came with vector sails....are these original? The main is in amazing condition except for some hideous rust stains from rain leaking onto metal and then into sail bag. I am going to get it cleaned cause it is in great shape. The jib is disintegrating on outer edges that when rolled were exposed to elements. The inner parts are pristine and white as snow (unfortunately I cant think of a way to save the sail though). Any recommendations for obtaining used jib or inexpensive new ones?
thanks for all the help,
Lori :D
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

I stumbled across one here a while back looking for some info on my Coronado C15 - good info for any boat in this size, tho, so I bookmarked it.

http://www.denversailing.org/Fleets/buc ... uideV3.pdf