Website

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
J. Austin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Website

Post by J. Austin »

Looking for help from all my brothers and sisters whom reside here.
I have been working hard on a website. I have a lot done but still have enough to do. I wanted to ask for all of your help/opinions/support/critisism. They focus is, of course, sailing and all that goes with it. I have a lot of experience with videography, website design, audio work. What I'm looking for is to be able to help feature all of the pictures and videos that you'all create and have. As well as, concentrating on working much harder on the Got Wind VLOG. I have all the parts in place, I hope.
What I would really like is honest opinions about what I have so far and would love to feature anything that u all like.
I would be happy to feature any of your puictures or vids that u have.
I would love to feature links to all your work and progress.
I would also love to feature your photo bucket (or other) sites.
All in all there is a lot of talent here and I would like to get some of that to all sailors, but don't worry we'll keep the good stuff on here.
Please let me know if I can use any pictures or media and what u would like featured. Thanks in advance for the support. I plan on making this my biggest focus and hope it leads to entertainment for many sailors.
Thanks, Jay

http://www.jerecaustin.com
"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails." - William Arthur Ward
jerecaustin.com
Paul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Paul »

Greetings Jay!

Like what I see so far. What I really like are pictures of specifics, such as, I like to see how people have rigged - for instance, your picture of how your downhaul is placed below the boom vang. Love to see what kind of rope clutch you are using there. Love to see where people are placing their snatch blocks for different size jibs, electrical panel set-ups, how they rig for lazy jacks and their placement along the boom, electrical wiring of the battery box to the terminal block or panel, types of line being used for halyards and sheets, outboard mount modifications and cabeling & placement of engine controls, alternatives to the main entry boards. These are a few of the things I wonder about. I'll expect to see them all done and on your site by next week :wink:

Paul
Tranquil Chaos
J. Austin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by J. Austin »

Thanks Paul,
Harsh deadline, butt I'll do my best. :D
Great input. All of that is what I want in the videos on the VLOG.
I'm writing it all down.
Thanks for the feedback, keep it coming.
"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails." - William Arthur Ward
jerecaustin.com
J. Austin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by J. Austin »

I also realized that I am using someone's picture on there.
I believe they're from FL.
Hopefully they will contact me and let me know if they would like it used.
Otherwise I will be taking it off, just in case.
jerecaustin.com
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

Looks like a pretty nice layout!
I was pleasantly surprised when the first photo I saw was a nice new big Beneteau! I avoid looking at them for fear I'll want one! LOL!

Scott
Alanhod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Alanhod »

Hi Jay,

Yup the C22 Twilight photo over the bow is mine. You asked me if you could use it over a year ago as I recall and I said yes you may. :D
The photo is over the deck of my C22, the Honu, Island in the distance is the South end of Whidby Island, Just North of Seattle Washington. Just West of Everett Washington in Puget Sound. The photo was taken on a evening in September 2009 as I recall. I like that photo and use it as the desktop photo on my computer.

Thanks
Alan
It's a good life on the
Honu, 1976 C-22
My Chrysler Sailing Photos: http://s1297.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... ry/Sailing
lecker68

Post by lecker68 »

Jay good work and if you want to use my pictures feel free just let me know in case someone other than me gets upset it can be removed as far as My Getaway C-26 have at it and I would like to see it be a success.
Catch the wind and ride the wave, Have fun
Lyle
1980 C-26 #1100
S/V My Getaway
http://www.flickr.com/photos/34432376@N06/
J. Austin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by J. Austin »

Thanks Alan and Lyle,
Alan that pic is my favorite, I thank u again for capturing it.
It had to be featured, no doubt.

Lyle, I will gladly use ur stuff, and thank u immensly.

I'm letting all of the people passion on here fuel me.
So far so good.
jerecaustin.com
tgentry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by tgentry »

I like the layout and look forward to more information. The blogs on other boat news is a nice touch. Keep it up!
Tom
1981 Endeavour 43 s/v Pearl Lee
Former 1976 Columbia Payne 9.6 s/v Gin Rhumby
Former 1979 Chrysler 26, s/v Copacetic
http://www.asswhaffleyachtclub.net
http://www.svpearllee.com
mcrandall
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by mcrandall »

Nice looking site, Jay! Feel free to use any of my stuff that you wish.
Mark
http://s1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc4 ... ew%20C-22/
1975 C-22 currently named Stardust (soon to be "Angela Marie")
astrorad

Post by astrorad »

Jay , you may use anything that I have posted and/or my videos on my YouTube channel.
Bill
J. Austin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by J. Austin »

Thanks Alan and Bill. I will indeed. I enjoy Alan's pictures and Bills videos very much. Thanks again for the support.
jerecaustin.com
turbo1168
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by turbo1168 »

This photo is ours, and yes I am pleased that you are using it! Feel free to use any others of ours if it helps with your site.Image
J. Austin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by J. Austin »

Thanks Turbo!

I knew that beauty was housed in my home state. And I thank u for the support. Much appreciated
jerecaustin.com
queenannesrevenge

Post by queenannesrevenge »

Hi Jay. I checked out your site and was pleased with what I saw. Good luck with its success. I read and liked Paul's reply about including different rigging configurations, general modifications, improvements, and the like which could provide for a more rewarding, enjoyable, safer cruise for all. There is a link to my photobucket photos here in this forum. I'm not sure if my photos will show, or convey, what you desire in your site but please feel free to view them and decide what you think. There are no photos while under sail or on the water, I'm sorry to say, but that's only temporary. I'd also like to figure out how to display my slideshows to music but that's another task for another day soon. If you find any of my photos helpful, informative, useful, etc. for you or your site visitors I would be happy to share them. One sub-album contains several pics of different trailer configurations, not my trailers, but pics I've found that I thought may be helpful in the design and build process for my C-22. My avatar image, however, is another issue. It pleases me to use my avatar as a representation of myself and my sailboat here on this forum. At the same time, my goal is to amuse, entertain, and/or share with my fellow members here a bit of my personality and character but I wish to keep that image here, in this forum, inside our Chrysler "family". Whew! Easy point to make but I didn't keep it short and simple. Again, I wish great things for you and your new site.
Chrysler 22 Queen Anne's Revenge
Chrysler 22 unnamed
http://photobucket.com/kurtspicsandsuchTheterribleTeach
J. Austin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by J. Austin »

Thanks so much for the support. Been working on updates allready. Everyone has given me not only a lot of resources, but great ideas. I am currently working and filming some new projects. As far as being lon winded and entertaining, keep it up. Wee all seem to have a similar sense of humor, kinda have to to be a sailor.

Thanks again.
jerecaustin.com