My wife called. Come home she said . . . . .

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

My wife called. Come home she said . . . . .

Post by CaptainScott »

OMG! It's snowing!

You see, I left this morning. It was 43 degrees and dry. Rained for the better part of the day and my wife called. It's snowing and starting to stick!

I arrived and my wife came running out. She said old on, and ran back in. YEAH! She's opening the garage door for me!

Nope. She went for the camera! LOL!

Scott

Chrysler20%26

Post by Chrysler20%26 »

Looking good Scott, thank your wife for me. She likes snow, how about a move to Michigan we get snow all the time. An we have the Great Lakes to sail in. Thanks for the post
Creel

Post by Creel »

Thank God I live in Florida burrrr....
LeatherneckPA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LeatherneckPA »

I've been caught out like that a few times. It makes for interesting riding. I'm guessing probably a Road King, possibly a Heritage Classic. Nice ride. And you were dressed for it. Or at least it was better than dress slacks and a baseball jacket. In my opinion, that is all part of the adventure that is motorcycling riding. I knew I liked you. I so often feel sorry for those riders who only take their bikes out on the weekends, and then only if there is a less than 1% chance of rain. Where's the fun in that?
Iron Mike - Semper Fidelis
Jack of all trades, Master of none
1978 C-22: Believer
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

Oh, man that was just cold...bah da bing..thank you very much, I'll be here all week, don't forget to tip your waitress..
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

Yeah, if you ride you must be prepared. I carry full rain gear on the bike. I have heated grips, heated gloves, and a heated jacket liner. So, cold is not an issue for me. Well, except last year when it was 11 degrees 3 days in a row. I road the first two then surrenderd and drove on the third! LOL!

The bike is an 02 Heritage Classic.

Funny thing is yesterday morning one of my buddies at work was chatting with me and had asked how my "girlie" bike was doing. See he has a Road King. I smiled and I'm not sure, lets go outside and ask her!! LOL! This buddy of mine has a beautiful Road King. It sits perfectly polished in his garage.

The night before, the weatherman said we awaken to snow! I woke up to 43 degrees and dry with expected rain and clearing in the afternoon. What I did not see was the overnight change in the forecast. Cold front still coming but 18 hours late!

I used to ride dirt bikes a LOT many moons ago and have ridden them on the frozen lake where I grew up so slick roads were managable. The biggest problem was the freeking snow building on my face mask. I had to wipe literally every minute or so or ride with it up. I opted to just leave it up.

More snow last night so I drove in!

Michigan sounds nice but I love sailing Puget Sound and North so we'll be staying here for now! LOL!

Scott
Bhacurly
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Bhacurly »

Awesome Scott!

We got back from Maui last week an they had forecast snow here today, but looks like it slid south to Portland and we have sunshine instead :lol: ok we did have an inch of ice in the dogs water, but the sun was streamin in the windows for breakfast an coffee...

Can't let a little rain, or snow, keep you from enjoying the outdoors when you live in the NW!!
2nd generation

Post by 2nd generation »

Woke up to 8" of new snow and slippery roads yesterday morning. Today sunny with a high of 64 degrees. All the snow is gone with no shoveling. Got to love Southwestern Michigan and lake effect snow.
Mike
(former owner of) 1975 C-22 "Mel-O"
Paul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Paul »

And we hit almost 70 today in Denver. Had a great run yesterday in the 60's. Tomorrow... high of 38 with 4 - 8" of snow expected.

You can tell it's spring in Colorado - the flakes are bigger!

Paul
Tranquil Chaos
Mario G

Post by Mario G »

We started heading north because the 1st mate thinks its getting to warm in the Miami area.

Scott in more then 20 yrs of riding alot in up-state NY I only had my motorcycles to get around and work. I found it much easier to see with out the shield down in a snow storm a few times myself.

getting cought in a Texas sand storm with shorts and a tank top much worse