26' chrysler-opinions wanted

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
JaynSusan

26' chrysler-opinions wanted

Post by JaynSusan »

Im thinking of buying a 26' chrysler swing keel. she's nice inside(wood, cabinets ect.). the track for the main seems to need silicone,as its sticky and stops about 8" from the top of the mast. the keel has'nt been down for a while and the owner says its possible the cable may break if we lower it. come on? should I just start slashing away at his asking price.I know most used boats need work. also one of the ropes for the rudder is wearing and should be replaced. the boat is in the water now so these repairs look to be a pain. $2,500 deal or no deal?Thank you! ps no motor
jstplan

Chrysler 26

Post by jstplan »

Let me think..........have I ever known an unhappy Chrysler 22/26 sailor.

The price is a steal now! The issues you mention are so minor they aren't worth consideration.

I'm thinking you should post the location of this 26'er, and buy a new Hunter.
JaynSusan

Post by JaynSusan »

Thanks for the input, I now own a chrysler 26 and you are right it is a great price. I paid $2,200 This is a great web site.Ill send some pictures of sailing her down here in the keys its beautiful.. Thanks again Jay-
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

Congratulations !

Do check the keel cable.

Oh, what's her name ?
Windwalker

Congrats!

Post by Windwalker »

As most of us here know, you will love her!

Check the keel pin when you check the cable. You have to have it out of the water anyhow, so be safe.
JaynSusan

Post by JaynSusan »

Man! It gets even better! I askd if the 9.9 Johnson ran,and I was told it had'nt for some time and thought the starter was froze or something.the battery was gone and the engine had been rebuilt awile back. I bought a new deep cycle marine battery and with a bit of fiddeling it started and after warm purred like a kitty cat!!! I live abord in a marina, and should the keel be kept up or does it make any difference? thanks, Jay-