Great web site.

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
Jmckamey

Great web site.

Post by Jmckamey »

Just wanted to comment on the greatness of this web site and the members within.
I did a bit of travel for work and ended up in the Dallas area for a couple of weeks. I have done this a couple of times in the past and know all to well what a weekend in a strange town can be like. This is where the Chrysler sailors forum comes to the rescue. I put out the word I'd be around and got a couple reply's right away. Ended up spending a great day out on the lake with retclt touring the local marinas oogling and googling over the local boats in their slips, then finished up with fine burgers and beer. Thanks Bob!! The same thing happened last spring when my Dad and I took the 22 to Fla., we met up with thepartydog and he cued us in on where to go and a few things to do. He also loaned us an awesome cruise guide for the area.
Although I no longer sail a Chrysler I do still check in on the web site on nearly a daily basis and add a little when I feel I have a little to add.
I just wanted to say l'm glad this site is for more than just fixing boats
Thanks to all, and if you ever end up in the east TN area be sure to check in with us, you'll always have a friend in the area :D
1977 Chrysler 22
Ground to windward is dearly bought, but easly spent.
Dallasbob
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Dallasbob »

Bob T . . .
1979 Chrysler 26 "Indecision"
Dallas, Texas / I-45 / Galveston Bay
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

I agree! It is a great web site! That is why I help support it! Awesome folks here!

That photo in the pasture is classic!
I love it!

Scott
lecker68

Post by lecker68 »

I also agree on this great website and it is only that way because of the great Chrysler sailors that we have and a big "CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL!!!"
Catch the wind and ride the wave, Have fun
Lyle
1980 C-26 #1100
S/V My Getaway
http://www.flickr.com/photos/34432376@N06/
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

Bob, thats about as Texas as you can get ! 8) Love it !

Oddly enough my Attention Deficit Disorder mind wandered over to right of way questions...if Bob has the wind on his port and the longhorns are crossing his bow wind astern...I wonder if I have a steak in the freezer,,oops ADHD again..
J. Austin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by J. Austin »

If we assume that our capt is on stbd. tack and, to me, the cattle appear to be on a port tack, then they must heed. Silly cows! :)
"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails." - William Arthur Ward
jerecaustin.com
Dallasbob
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Dallasbob »

You are correct sir. The Longhorns are on a port tack. The trouble is that Tiny (second from left) is a demon cow and most likely to become first at the dinner table. Tiny waits until I'm down inside the boat and then knocks the ladder down stranding me high. That is one mischievous cow! She is a bad influence on the others.
Bob T . . .
Dallasbob
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Dallasbob »

Btw . . . our boats were built about 20 miles from where this picture was taken. This is Nevada, Texas . . . near Plano.
Bob T . . .
Jmckamey

Post by Jmckamey »

That guy will be OK, he looked to be dead last anyway. Headin out Fri. afternoon. Thanks I'll check in on ya the next time I'm in town. :)
1977 Chrysler 22
Ground to windward is dearly bought, but easly spent.
Capt. Bondo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Capt. Bondo »

Great picture from the deck of your "Land Yacht" :wink:
H:)ppy Place
78 Chrysler 22

You can go to a Zen Master or you can go Sailing, either way you end up in about the same place..... a Happy Place