With the help and guidance of a superb crew...

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
John K

With the help and guidance of a superb crew...

Post by John K »

... I flew my spinnaker for the first time on Friday! I was a bit intimidated by it, but it turned out to be a glorious thing. It was quite complimentary to the brand new main, which, as you can see, still has wrinkles in it. I'm a happy camper.

Last edited by John K on Sun May 06, 2012 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1977 C22: Dog House
Alanhod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Alanhod »

Yea Baby, now that's what I'm talking about. That is some hard core Chrysler sailing right there.

I don't have the spinnaker pole yet for mine. I did find a guy at the boat show who will cut a carbon fiber tube to length for under $100 bucks. Then all I would need to do is buy and mount the end clips on the tube and I'm set. Now where did I put that guys business card?

Thanks for the photo!
Alan
It's a good life on the
Honu, 1976 C-22
My Chrysler Sailing Photos: http://s1297.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... ry/Sailing
John K

Post by John K »

My buddy swears that the sail pattern is meant to be the Hammer of Thor. :lol:
Alanhod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Alanhod »

Blimy, he's right Captain. It's Thor's hammer.

My sailing tends to be more like Thor's half brother Loki. Very mischievous... But never doing any real harm. :lol: You know full speed ahead up river toward the dock. Cut the motor as the bow shoots past the end of the pear. Swing the nose out wide to starboard. Throw the tiller over hard to the port. Run up to the bow as the current gently pushes the boat back gently to the dock and I jump off to tie her off. A real crowd pleases I'm told. :lol:

Thanks
Alan
It's a good life on the
Honu, 1976 C-22
My Chrysler Sailing Photos: http://s1297.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... ry/Sailing
John K

Post by John K »

Well, this fledgling little viking was doing his best to keep the boat pointed behind that sail. :)