Man what a Day!

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
JaynSusan

Man what a Day!

Post by JaynSusan »

Ahoy, Fellow chrysler sailors! I had some alone time xmas eve day, so set out for a sail.As I left the marina and raised sails the weather radio said it was the warmest .Dec.24 on record here in Key West since 1956 83 degrees! the wind was a solid 15 and the ocean had a good swell.She handled so well.As I passed 3 cruise ships in port here, I thought about how blessed I was to be here. I took a few pictures to post,how do I do that? Thanks, Jay-
EricBerg

Post by EricBerg »

Sounds great. I look forward to your pictures. What size Boat? How far out do you take it?

Eric.
JaynSusan

Thanks Eric

Post by JaynSusan »

There is a reef down here that runs along the keys. It's 10 mi. off shore and thats were the "blue" water begins along with the gulf stream.So far Iv'e done about 20mi. round trip, but were planning an over nighter!
revorg

Florida west coast info

Post by revorg »

I was in Tampa bay on 12/27 and headed South, but at about 2 miles from the skyway bridge I lost my rudder! The casting legs on the tiller broke at the bolt holes. In a panic we dropped the sails and searched the tool box for any type of "fix". There was a medium size channel lock pliers that when opened to the largest size would barely fit the rudder post block, and with the motor started we went 20 miles back to our start point at the Alifia River.

Where do you sail from? I am very interested in making a trip to the Keys, but it looks like at least a 10 day trip. What is your boat size? I have a C-22 which has seen a few rough days on the Bay, but have never been beyond the Skyway bridge. It was our intent to go to Port Charlotte to get some experience with this boat. Would appreciate any information you might have about your area.

Grover
s/v AQUA AVIS II