Snail's Pace.

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
hp18carr
Site Admin
Site Admin

Snail's Pace.

Post by hp18carr »

I'll post a photo to show my project is still coming along... but at a snail's pace. Scott like your covers, I'll really feel like my project is nearing completion when I order some for my C26.

Terrence
Wilmington N.C.
Chrysler 26' 1980
Pandora (for now)
bearley
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by bearley »

Looks good, Terrence. I'm in the middle of redoing my forward berth too. What covering did you use for the sidewalls?

Any new lighting fixture?

Bob
hp18carr
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by hp18carr »

Bob
With out saying there is still a lot of work to be done to the forward berth, (the whole boat for that matter) thinking of some Led lighting just not sure where best to install it. Up to this point the only covering to date is a paint job (Rustoleum Topside).

Terrence
Wilmington N.C.
Chrysler 26' 1980
Pandora (for now)
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

Looking good ! I like that Rustoleum Topsides, used it on the project boat hull, seems like a good solid paint. Didn't go on as smooth as the Brightsides I used on the Cal, but seems 'sturdier'.
bearley
Site Admin
Site Admin

V-Berth

Post by bearley »

You're really making progress. Must take a lot of elbow grease.

Here are pics of that vinyl tuck-'n-roll, and what I am left with after peeling it off.

cs3079
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cs3079 »

Terrence! She's lookin' good! Very clean. I elected to keep the fresh painted look for my boat too. Easy upkeep.... and clean. Rolled vynyl looks great when it's new, but for myself, the c20 interior is best kept practical when a redo is necessary. It's not a place one would lounge around in for too long even with a more elaborate decor.

bearly, looks like you're committed at this point. I have to say, that you'll be glad you did it when you're done. Other than the peeling vynyl, it looks like you have a very nice canvas to work your art with. I'm looking forward to seeing the end result.

Here's my before 'n after pics. Don't have the cushions in yet, but I do have the foam padding. Time to put the mother-in-law to work now. I'm thinking a nice MSU pattern for the material........ GO GREEN !!!

Image Image

BTW... No, I haven' sold her yet...obviously. But she's getting prettier each day...and with each cheapo repair I do. Yes, I've been down this path before. Just today I pulled her to the local pond to take my brother and his family out for a while. It was beyond wonderful. The 20 offers a lovely place to converse comfortably, like you're sitting around the kitchen table together for hours, with the addition of the most beautiful surroundings one possibly could have..IMHO. If my baby ever does sell, I'm afraid they may find me still hanging onto her as she's being taken down the road...and 54 is too old to be bumper jumpin'...LOL
Bruce
Chry Wndw Shopping/'69 Newport H-20
Poupon Me!
Ray Twp., MI
Pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/65343255@N06/
Vids: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL60647F9C03EAE28A

I want a boat that drinks 6, eats 4, and sleeps 2.
- Earnest K. Gann
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

Lookin' Good Terrence,

Use caution when you consider that "Nearing Completion" idea!
While I've done a great deal on Lady Jo, there is a LOT more to do! LOL!

Every time I think I am getting close to being "Done" I either sell the boat or find more to do! LOL!

Just sayin'!!

Either way, your 26 is getting there and looking good on the way!
Scott
hp18carr
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by hp18carr »

Thanks to all for the moral support, my nearing completion is more akin to saying achieving the speed of light... scientifically impossible, but a lot of fun trying. :wink:

Terrence
Wilmington N.C.
Chrysler 26' 1980
Pandora (for now)