A sad day

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
cs3079
Site Admin
Site Admin

A sad day

Post by cs3079 »

A healthy deposits been made and the Lollipop leaves the driveway for the last time tomorrow. Who buys a boat in October?.... I choked back a tear and accepted my thirty pieces of silver (geez, I didn't feel this bad when I took my dog in for the last time....seriously!). When I told my brother about it, he consoled me saying I could use his MOW anytime I needed a Chrysler fix.

Funny thing, it seemed like everyone that came to check out the C-20 drove a Prius or something similar. One couple asked if they could tow it with their car :shock:. This is actually a good safety tactic. Keeps people from immediately driving home with a ton or two (or three!) of fiberglass until they've had a chance to really think about it. I may take my son's '03 Ford Focus next boat I check out (Not!, I enjoy the expression on the wifes face too much when I pull into the driveway with another surprise).

BTW, that reminds me, I haven't checked out CL and EBAY yet today :lol:
Bruce
Chry Wndw Shopping/'69 Newport H-20
Poupon Me!
Ray Twp., MI
Pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/65343255@N06/
Vids: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL60647F9C03EAE28A

I want a boat that drinks 6, eats 4, and sleeps 2.
- Earnest K. Gann
hp18carr
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by hp18carr »

Sad news indeed, :( but now should be a good time to look for another sailboat. As the weather gets colder more boats come on the market and the prices drop with the weather... or so it seems. I just missed a venture 17 with trailer as a play around sailboat for $350 the photos did not look bad but at that price I would have needed wings to beat the locals to that one... which I did not. :cry:

Terrence
Wilmington N.C.
Chrysler 26 1980
Pandora (for now)
Chrysler20%26

Post by Chrysler20%26 »

That's good news, a Chrysler 20 gets a new home. I hope you told them about this form. Now you don't have to store your boat for the winter, and you have more room in your driveway. Now in the spring if you're still upset overselling your C 20. I will have one for sale, as for who buys bolts in October. Last Wednesday I nearly had to drive 645 miles to Kansas, there was a 1999 26 foot McGregor with a 50 horse Mercury on eBay with a starting bid of 10,000 no reserve with three hours to go. I came very close to making a bid. If I had I would have owned another boat. No one made a bid. In the spring my C-20 will be my first boat in the water, with a for sale sign on it. If it sale's OK if not I will sale it for a month an bring it back home. then I will put my Mac. 25 in an do the same. I have 3 sailboats 6 outboards, way more than I need. I am vary happy with my C-26, it is all the boat I need.
bearley
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sad Day

Post by bearley »

Yesterday there was a '78 O'Day 27SL with fixed keel in very decent shape on CL for FREE!!! Located in Kittery ME, couple w/ baby on the way wanted to avoid storage/hauling fees. Someone grabbed that one up very quickly as it was taken down in a couple of hours.

Bob
astrorad

Post by astrorad »

I purchased and hauled home my C22 in February...220 mile round trip and had to dig her out of a snow bank... I couldn't find the CRAZY CHRYSLER OWNERS GROUP so I joined this one...LOL
Bill
cs3079
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cs3079 »

Thanks guys, as I've said before, Chryslersailors is a special group. I've informed the new owners that this is the goto site for ideas and info.

In the end, I had gotten this boat at a good price and was able to give them a good price on it too, so that part felt great. Greg, his uncle and his mother (new owners) were absolutely ecstatic about their 'new' C20. Very nice Polish people. After bringing the boat to their place, we celebrated the transfer with chocolate bobka, coffee, and laughs. I felt absolutely great about C20's new home and when asked, I told them I'd be more than happy to go out with them and help them set up and sail her on their maiden run :D

And Bob, who knows, I may take you up on that, but I've forewarned the wif though, that the next thing this cat drags in may have a little more room to dine and sleep.
Bruce
Poupon Me!
Ray Twp., MI

- Earnest K. Gann
Alanhod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Alanhod »

Ooooh, not a good day.

Well I've said it before and I'll say it again. Chrysler Sailboats are like potato Chips. You can't eat just one. Well you can't own just one in your lifetime.

I'm thinking a C22 or a C26 is just itching to come home with you in the not too distant future.

Till then, you have no Chrysler to work on... Other then looking for the new one! :wink:

Thanks
Alan
It's a good life on the
Honu, 1976 C-22
My Chrysler Sailing Photos: http://s1297.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... ry/Sailing
hp18carr
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by hp18carr »

astrorad wrote:I purchased and hauled home my C22 in February...220 mile round trip and had to dig her out of a snow bank... I couldn't find the CRAZY CHRYSLER OWNERS GROUP so I joined this one...LOL
Bill
Are you saying this is not... the Crazy Chrysler Owners Group :?: :wink:

Terrence
Wilmington N.C.
Chrysler 26' 1980
Pandora (for now)
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

Oh wow!
I typed up a reply to this but I do not see it here! I must have been distracted and forgot to submit! LOL!

Congratulations on your sale of Lollipop! I always liked that name!
What are your future Plans? New boat? taking a break for a while? Curious minds and all! LOL! Like Alan said, do we see a 22 or 26 in your future?

Thanks for pointing the new owners towards us!
Glad to see you are still here though!

Scott
lecker68

Post by lecker68 »

come on Bruce this means that there is a need to find a Chrysler to give a good home to.
Catch the wind and ride the wave, Have fun
Lyle
1980 C-26 #1100
S/V My Getaway
http://www.flickr.com/photos/34432376@N06/
cs3079
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cs3079 »

You're right! I (my better half that is) must allow a proper period of morning to pass before I drag some something else home (unless its a near giveaway, that can't be helped!). My saving grace is that MY hobby has been a moneymaker (albeit small) so far, and I have to present, disproved the hole in the water theory (not including time, if course). But I'll bet it's much more fun when lotsa cash is fed to the beast... and if I hit the lotto, I'm gittin me a thirty. LMAO
Bruce
Poupon Me!
Ray Twp., MI

- Earnest K. Gann
Alanhod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Alanhod »

No, Lots of cash or should I say the lack of lots of cash is the challenge of the the thing. If I had lots of cash then I'd be paying someone else to work on my boat and then I would not love my boat so much, and then I's sell it and get a BIG sail boat and pay someone to sail it for me. Then where would I be.

I tell you, Rich and no Chrysler Sail boat, no Chrysler forum, no Chrysler brain trust to turn to with my latest problem of victory. Well, now that would suck!

Except the rich part, I could get use to that, BUT no one but me and my Chrysler buddies are working on my boat. As for sailing it, I'm sailing it or one of my Chrysler buddies is sailing it. That my rules, and I'm sticking to it. :lol: Yea!

The more money part, yea I like that idea a lot cs3079. Didn't even get my boat out this year from working to much. Which is better then not working enough. Not complaining, just saying, it's good to have a job these days. :wink:

Thanks
Alan
It's a good life on the
Honu, 1976 C-22
My Chrysler Sailing Photos: http://s1297.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... ry/Sailing